Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik on nerd role models and nerd romance
Mayim Bialik at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday.
July 19th, 2012

Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik on nerd role models and nerd romance

"Big Bang Theory" actress Mayim Bialik finds it interesting that she was seated on the far end of the show's San Diego Comic-Con panel last Friday, next to the producers.

"It's my best kept secret," she joked to reporters a few hours later. "I belong much more with them."

As a neuroscientist, she feels a kinship with the brains behind the machine, as well as a connection with many of those who attend fan conventions.

“I love our cast and I love actors, but I also love comic books and sci-fi," she said, "so I am the one [on the cast] who is most 'Comic-Con friendly.'"

And the question on everyone's minds at Comic-Con when it came to her character, Amy Farrah Fowler (for which she was nominated for an Emmy on Thursday), was where her relationship with Sheldon (fellow Emmy nominee Jim Parsons) might go next.

“I actually think it’s kind of sweet that it’s crawling along at this stage," she said of their characters' romance.

"We’ve seen some signs like me in the Star Trek uniform – where he might see things my way. And in the season finale when he held my hand, it was very telling. I love the sparring that Amy and Sheldon do verbally. I love the non-romantic aspects of their romance, I think that’s really sweet."

Bialik has a special place in her heart for Jim Parsons as well, and she leaned over to kiss his image on a TV monitor, as he was broadcast to the panel via satellite from New York.

She also sees the character of Amy as a positive development for women in science.

"There are no comments about Amy’s attractiveness or lack of attractiveness. [Sheldon] likes her as she is. As far as we know, it’s really irrelevant. He’s really attracted to her mind. Their sparks are intellectual."

But is Amy a role model for young girls?

“I leave that to my personal life," she said.

"I’m a spokesperson for Texas Instruments, it’s my second year with them. But our show, in general, has raised the bar for geekdom and I think that’s really special."

As for which nerdy guest star she would like to see on the show next, she said it's pretty hard to top Stephen Hawking last season.

"I have some particular neuroscience people that I’d love to see," she said.

"I was off when Leonard Nimoy was on, which, personally, was horrible not to be there. For Stephen’s episode, I also wasn't there, but I was invited to his 70th birthday party, along with [executive producers Bill Prady and Steve Molaro]. He came by for a run-through and we heard Stephen was coming in, and it was my first day back. I got to meet him there so that was really thrilling. But I think Bill would like to get every ‘Star Trek’ cast member ever for the show."

Posted by
Filed under: Brainiac • Fandom
  1. Jamar Hawthorn

A very simple way to make money online is to write blogs. Surely you know what a blog is. It is an online diary. All you need to start is a blog site that you can get for free in some blogging platforms. There are also platforms where you can buy a site if you want it to be professional looking so the choice is yours. After getting a site, choose a topic that will be the focus of your blog site. It has to be something you really know a lot about because you will be expected to write quality articles as often as you can. At this point you may be wondering where the money will come from. Money will come from advertisers who will post their ads on your site. You can get advertisers by enlisting your blog in advertising networks. They will be the ones to look for advertisers for you. All you need is to make sure that your blog site gets a lot of readers regularly.;-^:

With best regards
    <http://www.healthwellnesslab.com/index.php/

June 2, 2013 at 1:06 pm |
  2. Franz

something like:Filed under: [Foldername].You can then easily sacerh inbox, sent items etc for that keyword. And file. It wont work for new emails being sent to you but it will help you keep track of those that you have sent, which is usually more important (those are the ones you have gotten yourself committed to).

September 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  3. японская кухня|диеты|испанская кухня|овощи|здоровье|греческая кухня|

Unquestionably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other people think about worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , folks can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

September 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  4. healthy eating tips for families

Great issues altogether, you just gained a new reader. What might you recommend about your publish that you just made a few days in the past? Any sure?

September 7, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  5. Heike

Wonderful points altogether, you simply won a new reader. What would you recommend in regards to your publish that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

August 26, 2012 at 8:59 am |
  6. Poetry

Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident, and I am surprised why this twist of fate did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

August 22, 2012 at 10:40 am |
  7. obat rematik

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all significant infos. I'd like to see extra posts like this .

August 21, 2012 at 8:19 am |
  8. singapore interiors

I simply couldn't depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information an individual provide to your guests? Is gonna be back regularly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

August 18, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  9. air jordan 3

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity for your publish is simply great and that i can assume you're a professional in this subject. Well together with your permission let me to take hold of your feed to stay up to date with drawing close post. Thank you one million and please carry on the gratifying work.

August 18, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  10. air jordan 3

I am no longer certain the place you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend a while learning more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic info I was searching for this info for my mission.

August 18, 2012 at 6:05 am |
  11. Arcitecture in Ukraine

You realize thus considerably in terms of this matter, made me for my part consider it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men aren't fascinated except it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. All the time handle it up!

August 16, 2012 at 6:22 pm |
  12. Best CompTIA Certification

You're in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a great process on this subject!

August 8, 2012 at 4:15 am |
  13. Krandal

She has huge cans.

August 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
    • peridot2

No more, Krandal. Mayin Bialik had breast reduction surgery when she was young. You're thinking of Melissa Rauch, brain donor.

August 1, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  14. garden clearance company blog

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info particularly the remaining phase :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thank you and best of luck.

July 29, 2012 at 2:14 am |
  15. Sheldon's finally getting some!

"You mean it goes in HERE? Well, I'll be!"

July 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm |
    • peridot2

You must not watch the series. Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler have hardly kissed as yet.

September 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
  16. matt

Her and Bernadette are the worst character on the show. They have added nothing to the show and the BFF "jokes" were old after the first one.

July 25, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  17. Rob-Texas

She is very pretty and natural. She doesn't have the air brush over done makeup of Kardashian. I would take an attractive women with a PHD anyday of the week.

July 25, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  18. Richard

She is sooooo hot!!! Something about her, her brain? don't know but, I find her extremely attractive!!

July 25, 2012 at 2:15 am |
  19. how to make money online fast.make money at home online.ways to earn money from home.work from home business

I have learn several excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you place to make one of these excellent informative site.

July 25, 2012 at 12:45 am |
  20. woodie

I like Amy. She can be my girlfriend any day of the weekend.

July 24, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
  21. Darkslicer

Too bad this show is a lame attempt to cash in on the whole nerd fad that's been going on lately. It's painfully obvious that the writers have no idea what nerdy culture is really like and aren't really trying to understand, preferring instead to make stupid references to MMOs and movies that make no sense whatsoever. It's unfunny, pandering trash that only serves people who like to say "I've played a video game once, I'm such a nerd!"

July 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
    • peridot2

Sorry TBBT's over your head, Darkslicer.

August 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
    • peridot2

Forgot to ask, doesn't your TV have any other channels?

September 15, 2012 at 8:03 pm |
  22. Spyder Sansleg

I wish I had been good enough to deserve a notice from someone like Mayim when I was younger. Sadly, even nerdy girls didn't care for me.

July 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
    • jasmine

Hi, if you like MAYIM BlALIK. We have a feature-length movie featuring MAYIM BlALIK called THE CHICAGO 8 coming out Sept 4. If interested, please "like" our page, http://www.facebook.com/thechicago8 to see trailer, win prizes, get updates! Thanks!

July 24, 2012 at 1:33 am |
    • Todd

When we were that age, everyone was attracted to everyone else. However the nerdy guys and the nerdy girls were often too shy to talk to each other. Both sides were trying to as hard to stay unnoticed as possible, as bringing notice themselves will only bring ridicule. As a being placed as the Nerd (back when it was uncool) only the "Popular Girls" would ask me out, not out of attraction but out of some twisted sense of messing with people. So yes the Nerdy girls wouldn't talk to the nerdy guys will until late in highscool or in college.

July 24, 2012 at 8:26 am |
    • Shauna Sweeney

Hey Spyder! Some girls know that nerdy guys are the way to go. Check out this music video and know there are many of us out there that feel this way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzV3001wnd4

July 24, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
    • timlieder1

Just as well. She's one of those anti-vax idiots.

July 25, 2012 at 12:14 am |
  23. Ginger

Oh, Lord! Everyone is an English teacher online...

July 23, 2012 at 11:23 am |
    • Not Really

Most are in NEED of English teachers. The ones qualified to be such teachers are few and far between.

July 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  24. Click Here For Money

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the market chief and a good component of other folks will leave out your wonderful writing because of this problem.

July 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  25. here

I will immediately grab your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me know so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

July 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
  26. what home cinema

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am satisfied to convey that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

July 21, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  27. puppy videos

I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am satisfied to show that I've a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I so much unquestionably will make certain to do not disregard this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

July 21, 2012 at 9:17 am |
    • Lucia

It is a major problem, but in the exeaplms that you have given it takes no time at all for them to respond to just acknowledge they have received your email / enquiry and get back to it as soon as poss, and if they haven't had a chance to get back to you properly for a while to just send an update to you.

September 12, 2012 at 8:48 pm |
    • Joyce

If it wasn't for people like the ones sniged up on this list, my step-daughter would never have lived to see her newborn graduate high school. My Granddaughter graduated the beginning of June and it was one of the proudest days of her Momma's life. If it wasn't for her kind donor she would not be here 19 years after being diagnosed with Leukemia. Thank you to everyone who takes that step to commit to making a difference in another's life and the lives of their families.

September 15, 2012 at 1:05 am |
  28. grey poupon

She's not ugly. You are just a bunch of losers to say that. Let's see what you look like so
    we can all critique the way you look. Man, the internet is like ancient Rome with all ugly minded peasants
    and their rotten tomatoes.

July 21, 2012 at 12:12 am |
    • julie

Mayim is a brilliant actress. And she's got a fab look. She's even on the cover of the latest Chutzpah magazine. You can see how great she looks at http://www.pageturnpro.com/Black-Dog-Media/41477-Chutzpah-Summer-2012/index.html#1

July 21, 2012 at 8:13 am |
    • Rhymes With Orange

You're awfully defensive, aren't you? Maybe people said you look like her, so that's why you care so much.

It's not like she's gonna read this and send you a thank-you note for roaring to her defense. You're spending a lot of energy on somebody who probably can't give half a frack what random people say online. The web is full of jackals. Deal with it or stick to the Precious Moments message boards.

U MAD, BRO?

July 21, 2012 at 8:45 am |
      • By word count...

...not as much energy as you.

July 26, 2012 at 9:56 am |
      • Rhymes With Orange

Just because you find it hard to form a thought and type it doesn't mean the rest of us do. If you count this as effort, no wonder the US has an obesity problem.

July 26, 2012 at 10:23 am |
    • Spyder Sansleg

I always thought she was cute.

July 23, 2012 at 9:57 pm |
    • Kohaku

She's beautiful and brilliant. What's not to love?

July 27, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  29. Goldie-Lox

I LUV Mayim Bialik! I honestly think she should be theTime Magazine Woman of the Year for 2012.
    She is a great comidienne on Big Bang Theory (I hope she wins the Emmy), a renowned author, a Vegan, a mother, a wife, an actress, a super-Jewess...and I hear she also sings and dances, not to mention her Ph.D. What a woman! I think she is cute and attractive in an off-beat way.

July 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  30. Dave

she's so UGLY!!!

July 20, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • BJack

So shallow, Hal! Oh snap, I mean Dave!

July 20, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
  31. r

Love her! And she got an Emmy nomination this year for Big Bang!

July 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
  32. So, what's the Jewish equivalent of "Shiksa"?

She could bas my mitzvah.

July 20, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  33. Lawrence

She makes the perfect nerd with her real PHD in OCD. Looks like there are some people here with lots of behavior disorders.

July 20, 2012 at 11:19 am |
    • Gart Arfunkel

Behavior disorder? Possibly. But she's still ugly as hell. lol

July 20, 2012 at 11:27 am |
    • peridot2

Asshat is the term for which you are searching, I believe.

October 15, 2012 at 9:03 am |
  34. jimmy

mayim is great on big bang. i never watched blossom, so when she first appeared i had no idea who she was. i HATED her character at first but she won me over in only a few episodes. her quirky interaction with jim parsons is great. but i have a feeling jim is like that in real life, which makes mayim the better actor!

July 20, 2012 at 10:56 am |
    • Mark L

Actually, Jim Parsons is nothing at all like Sheldon in RL. It was quite a shock when i saw an interview with him for the first time

July 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
    • peridot2

Feelings are not facts, Jimmy. Jim Parsons' Emmy was well-deserved and I congratulate him again upon its receipt. His ability to portray a character with autism* is brilliance and humour is well-deserved.

*Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism.

October 15, 2012 at 9:08 am |
  35. Gart Arfunkel

Mayim "blossomed" into a TOAD.

July 20, 2012 at 10:27 am |
    • Jackson

And who are you? I don't see any organizations anywhere seeking out your "expert" credentials when it comes to matters of judging beauty.

July 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm |
      • peridot2

Jackson, don't feed the trolls.

July 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • tracy

@ Gart Arfunkel...quit being an ASS!

July 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • Rhymes With Orange

Yes, she climbed the ugly tree to sit on the ugly perch where she then took an ugly fall and hit every ugly branch before hitting the ugly ground.

Anybody who disagrees with me is ugly too.

July 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
  36. GetREal

Man! She is HOMELY! lol

July 20, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • Mebbe so

...but she can distinguish between "you're" and "your".

July 20, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  37. Sorry, Really

"Wow, you can spot a grammar error as well as a 9 year old! "

Well, apparently, Greg can't.

July 20, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  38. Rob C

So here is a question... Where is Johnny Galecki?

July 20, 2012 at 10:14 am |
  39. Mike D

Ah, Mayim...as a kid I crushed on her when she guested on MacGyver, and I'm kind of crushing on her now! Geek girls are the best!

July 20, 2012 at 10:01 am |
    • Carol

And most people don't recall that she played the young Bette Midler in the movie Beaches.

July 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
      • peridot2

Was that Mayim? She was AWESOME! Adorable! I didn't watch BLOSSOM, but now I wonder why...

July 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  40. Thor88

I'd like to Kaley Her Cuocco

July 20, 2012 at 9:58 am |
  41. Wrenn_NYC

Love the show. To be truthful, in my experience most 'geek' relationships follow the other relationships on the show, not the Sheldon/Amy pairing. That being said, I've seen one or two that were like that.

And geeks go for brains a lot of the time. Not all of the time, They have just as many instances of 'white knight syndrome' as the average guy. But they tend to prefer someone they can talk to about what interests them, and someone who can challenge them.

Sheldon has become far more than the relatively one dimensional character he was at the beginning. We just mainlined the series from the beginning in the past couple months, and it was quite noticeable.

Still... of the four, I'd want Leonard. :) (Sheldon is to odd at times, and I've met too many Howards and Rajs over the years.)

July 20, 2012 at 9:57 am |
    • peridot2

Yes, but Raj is so sweet and adorable... when he speaks.

October 15, 2012 at 9:12 am |
  42. Billy

oh blossom!

July 20, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  43. M&M

I love the show and all the characters. Go Mayim:)

July 20, 2012 at 8:57 am |
  44. Someone

Let's see – Mayim Bialik – pretty, not a stunning beauty, PhD, married for 9 years, has been on two sucessful series, no relationship to "famous" parents.

vs.

Kim" Kardashian – Beautiful – married twice, once for 2 months, only claim to fame is a reality TV show, possibly due to her connection to another famous person (Bruce Jenner – also remember Princes of Malibu?) – no indication of education past high school.

I'd take Ms. Bialik in a heartbeat.......

July 20, 2012 at 8:29 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

She also thinks kids should breast feed until they are 20….

July 20, 2012 at 8:46 am |
      • Kohaku

No, she doesn't. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. She agrees with the World Health Organization in that children should be breastfed until the age of two, and however long thereafter is desired. That doesn't mean twenty. It doesn't even mean seven. Humans self-wean by roughly the age of four, if not earlier, but are supposed to be nursed (MINIMUM) until 6 months at the very least. Two year is supposed to be the healthiest goal if you don't plan on allowing the child to self wean. Kindly educated yourself before you spout nonsense.

July 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • Will

Kardashian's claim to fame was having a rich lawyer father who was famous in Southern California (and barely a blip on the radar anywhere else, but as goes SoCal, so goes the world, I guess), and then being filmed getting la id by some D-list rapper who wasn't famous anywhere. And if you think she's beautiful, take a look at her without the make-up and photo shop. If it weren't for the SoCal paparazzi machine and her daddy's money her looks might get her a job at Hoo ters in a small city, but that's it.

I'll take Bialik

July 20, 2012 at 9:03 am |
      • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Don’t be mad when you want to play with her ta-tas and your 17 year old son beats you to it…for dinner.

July 20, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  45. Penny

Amy has a great tongue

July 20, 2012 at 8:11 am |
  46. Meh

Brian, my test results came in clear so hopefully yours do also. – all my love you h0agie smoker

July 20, 2012 at 8:06 am |
  47. Greg

Mayim your a beauty , this 50 year old biker gives a big thumbs up! Great show and great cast ......

July 20, 2012 at 7:32 am |
    • noirelion

I saw her first!
      This 47 year old ex-paratrooper wants to have your babies! Scientifically i know its possible!
      The Star Trek outfit Mayim... I had a OMG- Pavlovian response- my mouth literally watered!
      What a cast! What a well put together show- that UTTERLY KNOWS IT'S AUDIENCE!
      I just wish- it would come on regularly- week after week... In Philadelphia- its in season- one minute then gone for weeks- then back... why does the network make the show hard to find?
      Congrats on Emmy nom.
      You play the hell out of A.F.F.

July 20, 2012 at 8:03 am |
      • peridot2

She was incredibly cute – and it was a hilarious moment when she was playing Doctor with Sheldon. Those were some real LULZ! Loving TBBT since AFF came along to make Sheldon closer to human.

AFF's a geek babe. My son thinks she's hot and that's enough for me.

October 15, 2012 at 9:17 am |
    • Kevin

she's a beauty what?

July 20, 2012 at 8:26 am |
    • J0nx

First of all it's you're not your. And no, she's not a beauty. At all.

July 20, 2012 at 8:31 am |
      • really

There are few things more pathetic than people who critique the spelling and punctuation of on line posts. Do you think correcting your/you're shows any sort of intellect? Do you think it in some way shows your intellect?
        Wow, you can spot a grammar error as well as a 9 year old! We are all so impressed. Please regale us with more of your wisdom.
        Pathetic.

July 20, 2012 at 9:04 am |
      • really

First of all, there should be a comma after "First of all". Secondly, "At all." is not a sentence at all. If you are so pathetic as to spend your time correcting others grammar, please try to have correct grammar yourself.

July 20, 2012 at 9:11 am |
      • J0nx

Yes I do and the ability to communicate effectively and accurately is a lost hallmark in today's society filled with cretins like you who left to their own devices would run around writing, "ZOMG rofl dude Im going 2 da movies gnow, pls join me and ill meet u their". Anyone who doesn't know the difference between there and their, too and to, your and you're, has already disqualified themselves from being taken seriously in ANY discussion.

July 20, 2012 at 9:13 am |
      • J0nx

"At all" is done for effect to illustrate with force that she is not a beauty. The comma placement is a choice. Either way is correct. I would hope that anyone who tries to correct someone else's grammar who is correcting someone else's grammar would know that.

July 20, 2012 at 9:16 am |
      • Rolyat

How's this ? YOU'RE an idiot.

July 20, 2012 at 9:17 am |
      • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

@really

I agree.. like insulting someone who bothered to correct someone’s spelling and punctuation.

July 20, 2012 at 9:41 am |
      • Sorry, Really

…but there are few things more pathetic than people who, this late in the game, can't distinguish between” your” and “you’re”.

“Do you think correcting your/you're shows any sort of intellect? “

Yes, actually, it does show a “sort” of intellect; that, at least, of a cut above the comatose, drooling cretin in Ben Stein’s class in Ferris Bueller.

July 20, 2012 at 10:12 am |
      • The Wiz

It helps them to look "less stupid". If you are OK with ignorance running wild, you are just as bad as those who can't spell, and are happy being stupid also.

July 20, 2012 at 10:18 am |
      • Sorry, Really

"Wow, you can spot a grammar error as well as a 9 year old!"

Well, apparently, Greg can't.

July 20, 2012 at 10:22 am |
      • Sorry, Really

And, to close this out, I'm going to have to agree with Greg's missive, however poorly spelled.

No hard feelings, eh, JOnx?

July 20, 2012 at 10:52 am |
      • Spelling Nazi

Someone going by the handle "really" wrote, "If you are so pathetic as to spend your time correcting others grammar..."
        That should have been "others' grammar..."

July 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
      • Spelling Bolshevik

See, Really, you should quit while your (ha ha, just kidding, couldn't resist) ahead!

July 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
  48. Tundra

Sadly ComicCon is no longer for those with a comicbook love. Once hollywood got involved it was over it jumped the shark officially when the cast of "Glee" showed up.

July 20, 2012 at 6:49 am |
  49. Penny Boppie

I am only sorry that Mayim could not be photographed these days by Francesca Woodman. Francesca's photos of Mayim would have been stunning in their sensitivity, and so beautiful. And to all those that post "ugly" comments while hiding behind the anonymity of their keyboards, I can only say this; YOUR ugliness broadcasts itself loud and clear-far beyond any photograph of you could ever convey-for YOUR ugliness is the worst of all humankind. Your ugliness is on the inside. You will grow old becoming nothing of worth, and inevitably drown in your cesspool of mediocrity-so before you ridicule others that are young, beautiful and have already made their mark; take a deep breath as you slip beneath the dark waters of your pathetic narcissistic and mediocre abyss.

July 20, 2012 at 2:24 am |
    • Teresita

Penny, you have summed up in a few eloquent sentences what I think about the millions of negative,hateful and most of all ignorant people that post comments in response to positive stories. Thank you...

July 20, 2012 at 3:26 am |
    • Just some guy...with a semi-automatic and a chimichanga

Preach! I'll take a girl like that any day. She's rather lovely and, hey, haters gonna hate...it just proves she's gotten more popular.

July 20, 2012 at 4:27 am |
      • The Wiz

Something different than the "girls" that you don't have to re-inflate" every night, eh?

July 20, 2012 at 6:45 am |
    • Mike

What a blithering idiot.

July 20, 2012 at 6:50 am |
    • Hmm?

Define irony

July 20, 2012 at 7:11 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Well.. I could call her ugly to her face or yours if it makes you feel better. Since when does not finding someone attractive make you ugly?

God you’re such a moron.

July 20, 2012 at 8:50 am |
  50. keltari

Honestly, the show has gone downhill since she became a regular. The charm of the show was the "geek" aspect, now they are trying to shoehorn relationships into it and it just doesnt work.

July 20, 2012 at 2:08 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Agreed

July 20, 2012 at 8:51 am |
    • jack

I also don't like it as much, but I am sure some people like it more. I bet the female audience has increased. This kind of happens to many shows though. Most of the hospital shows (House, Grey's anatomy) were okay for guys early on, but became too much about relationships and became total girl shows.

July 20, 2012 at 9:29 am |
      • Madalena

Posted on Thanks you guys! It was so unflattering to wear after a while, but at least there's humor in it. And maybe it's sallvgeabae! The yarn was what was recommended with the pattern Carolina cotton with rayon & flax. I see it listed on the pattern page but not at the website anymore. It pilled a little while I wore it, too but I'm really hoping to make it into something better.tamdoll’s last blog post..

September 14, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • peridot2

Keltari, troll, and Jack, geeks have relationships, too, just as normies do. This series shows how it happens. My spouse has Asperger's Syndrome and my son is Autistic. One day I hope my son finds someone with whom to share his life.

TBBT gives him hope and we find it funny and heartwarming. My sister loves it. Did you think the guys would be alone forever? That isn't realistic. One or more of them was likely to find a girl and/or marry. That's what happens with young people, they have relationships. Had they remained the same the premise would have grown stale.

August 1, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  51. Bubba Rydel

Man that's is one ugly chick. I don't care how educated she is or how famous she is, she has no right being on tv. She looks like my dogs a ss.

July 20, 2012 at 1:14 am |
    • Robert Mills

Bubba,

You sound just like your name. You're an idiot and you have no place here. Someone like you would only post something like that anonymously. You're a disgusting person.

July 20, 2012 at 2:02 am |
    • gibbyplayer

Um...bubba? What do you get from making a comment like that? Your dog deserves better company.

July 20, 2012 at 2:05 am |
    • Lord Jarvis

But enough about your wife. *rim shot*

July 20, 2012 at 2:10 am |
      • Ms. Grammar

HEE HEE

July 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
      • Vinod

An alternative is to file every email imeaidmtely, but to put a flag on those which need a reply; then to just work through your For Follow Up folder. This approach means there is no need to move emails first into the reply folder, and then move them again once you've replied to them though at the cost of having to set and later clear a flag.

September 12, 2012 at 10:29 am |
    • joesense

lol bubba, that's cos she does not have buck tooth, freckles, and blistered skin/ hair which is a byproduct of incest and inbreeding as is evident from your wife/sister/dog (all one being i presume) that you love so much

July 20, 2012 at 2:10 am |
    • Penny Boppie

Bubba,
      How about a photobucket link to pictures of you? Okay?

July 20, 2012 at 2:25 am |
    • Flatgsuide

See's ugly enough to go bear hunting with a hickory switch.

July 20, 2012 at 5:51 am |
    • Brad

Obviosly spending way too much time looking at your dogs ass..............

July 20, 2012 at 6:49 am |
      • Brad

obviously

July 20, 2012 at 6:49 am |
    • Bill

Bubba, I'm guessing you're intimately familiar with the look of a dog's ass, due to the fact that you see one every day, when you look in the mirror?? Get a life, troll!!

July 20, 2012 at 7:15 am |
    • silo

cause she's not related to you Bubba.......thats why you dont find her attractive.....

July 20, 2012 at 8:19 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

@ Robert Mills
      >Someone like you would only post something like that anonymously<

And only a true idiot puts their real name on the internet any more than necessary.

July 20, 2012 at 8:53 am |
    • DAN

Bubba,You ARE your dog's ass!

July 20, 2012 at 11:25 am |
  52. Ed M.

Remember, it was a woman who figured out what the stars are made of.

Cecilia Payne-Gopaschkin, back in the 1920's.

Mayim B. would be perfect in a film about this stellar lady.

July 20, 2012 at 12:22 am |
    • Michael

It was a woman from Mills college that developed the use of re-bar in concrete, a mill owners wife who invented the circular saw, and Mendlsen's wife who actually wrote the wedding march. Finally there is a TV show that isn't juvenile and vile.

July 20, 2012 at 3:18 am |
    • Bee

I completely agree!!! Hollywood, you should get on that.

July 20, 2012 at 8:11 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Your gender card has been revoked. Would you like to try another? The race card perhaps?

July 20, 2012 at 8:55 am |
    • Star Gazer

And then she dressed the stars in cute pink outfits.

July 20, 2012 at 9:42 am |
  53. Egor

She looks great here! Can't believe how nasty some people writing here are. That said – I was so surprised to find she had an Emmy nomination – I love "The Big Bang Theory" but find her the weakest link on it by far. Also sort of expected a bit more from someone who's already been the star of a TV show, but she sometimes sounds like she just got started in acting and is still auditioning. Ah well. Still think she looks great here, and I wish I had her brains.

July 20, 2012 at 12:07 am |
  54. PhilG

One of the best written and acted comedic shows on tv right now.

I hope they keep the edge they have right now for a long time.

It's nice to have a show I can always count on to make me laugh without feeling like an idiot.

July 20, 2012 at 12:01 am |
  55. Never Forget

Not the most "attractive" girl I've ever seen. How did she make it onto national T.V. ??? I guess it has something to do with her ethnicity, and the "Star of David" on her chest, since she is quite unattractive - and ugly, to be precise.

My daughter is Black and has auditioned for several shows, but with the gentile last name of Morrison, I'm wondering if I need to take extra measures to ensure she succeeds in show business.

Should I tell the producers of media companies that she is communist, and hates gentiles - along with her support of other Leftist organizations? I don't know if that will be enough for her to get hired in show biz.........

July 20, 2012 at 12:00 am |
    • Brandon

Maybe your daughter isn't succeeding in show business because she has a insanely crazy racist for a parent?

July 20, 2012 at 12:08 am |
    • Seriously?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. And I've read James Joyce.

July 20, 2012 at 12:13 am |
    • keltari

Has it ever occurred to you that your daughter might suck at acting?

July 20, 2012 at 2:05 am |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Now, now guys.. to be fair “Never Forget” has a point. Anytime a black person fails at something it’s always because of their race. Someone…is keeping them down. If you disagree you are a white privileged racist or a sell out trying to be white. Besides..everyone knows how easy it is to be a TV/Movie star.. all you have to do is show up in Hollywood and they give you your own show.

/sarcasm

July 20, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • emma

Obviously a mistake and too much credit to think that a black person would be against stereotyping and racism such as you expressed towards a Jewish woman.
      In the same spirit, I hope your offspring is typecast as a ho'; obviously with your hereditary lack of brains she cannot be smart enough to be cast as a scientist and academic.

July 20, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  56. Rick

I always wanted to bang her short friend on that Blossom TV show, Six. Jenna Von Oy is so freaking hot.

July 19, 2012 at 11:55 pm |
  57. yes

Whenever I look at her all I think of is her ridiculous exposition about sleeping with her kids and not using diapers.

July 19, 2012 at 11:13 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Don't forget the breat feeding until the kid is in it's 20s.....

July 20, 2012 at 9:37 am |
    • Glysha

What Jeff Holesinger failed to metonin is that after we supported and stood by him during the whole process , he walked out on his 4 kids and I to move in with his mistress. During which time our home was in foreclosure and all utilities had been shut off and he refused to help us even when we were forced out to the streets.

October 15, 2012 at 2:39 am |
  58. theAntiELVIS

I'd do her day and night until the Sun dies – you haters are morons.

July 19, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
    • Flatgsuide

This morality post coming from someone who calls themself AntiELVIS, the hypocrite.

July 20, 2012 at 5:55 am |
  59. priscilla

I can't watching anything with her in it. She is so horribly ugly.

July 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
    • sunsetlove

that's a little harsh

July 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm |
    • Reason

comment says more about you, priscilla, than it does about her.

July 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
    • sunsetlove

Priscilla, time to get off your computer and go back to work. That slurpee machine isn't going to operate itself!

July 19, 2012 at 11:00 pm |
      • Nicholas

Well he did that by ditching his Blackberry, I maanegd that by doing the following things:- No sound for new mail- Mobile phone set to silent- Work phone set to a very low but noticeable levelI discovered that ring tone of my mobile and the ringing of my work phone irritated me a lot when I was coding. So, silencing the former (actually to just one beep) and lowering the level of the later, gave me my keyboard back plus some KLOCs to my employer.

September 12, 2012 at 11:04 pm |
    • Pat in IL

What a stupid and hateful comment. You must be a pretty miserable person with a terrible life. I'm sorry that you have to live that way.

July 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
      • GetREal

But she is ugly! LOL

July 20, 2012 at 10:14 am |
    • downtownSD

II agree Priscilla, as i only date face models. Have to get back to work now. Much like you i also have a Slurpee machine to attend to.

July 20, 2012 at 1:04 am |
    • Penny Boppie

Priscilla,
      I'm sorry to say, not only are YOU wrong.....but YOU are the one that is ugly....and YOUR ugliness is "inside"....where you can't get a make over.

July 20, 2012 at 1:59 am |
  60. jj

I have never liked Mayim in anything she's done. That said, she is terrific in BB, and deserves an Emmy. She is pitch-perfect here. (make that anything she's done – as an adult. I never watched Blossom)

July 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
  61. Jules

Love this show and she is one of the best characters on it. People seem to be completely forgetting that she was a star 20 years ago on Blossom. But I cannot BELIEVE how many crazy anti-semites there are on this site. CNN should really filter these comments, some of you people are beyond offensive and should be ashamed of yourselves.

July 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I am offended by your lack of sensitivity to EVERYones opinion. Not just those that agree with you. Can we start by filtering your comment?

July 20, 2012 at 9:50 am |

...said the asshat.

August 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
    • Beatriz

Your story was very moving. I segind up for be the match and 5 months later I was told that they found a possible match. I had the blood work done and I was in fact a match for a 48 year old woman. I was told that I wouldn't be needed right now but I could be called later on. They wouldn't tell me why. Only that she wasn't sick enough yet, her doctor had found onther form of treatment, or she was too sick at the time. It has now been almost a year. I just pray that she is doing well. If they call I'm ready. It could very easily be someone in my family or my own son that could need a transplant someday.

September 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
  62. pilgrim

Are you ASholes so perfect, that you have to put someone down to make yourselves feel better

July 19, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

July 20, 2012 at 9:50 am |

Doubt it.

July 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
  63. traces01

Seriously? Not a single mention of Blossum? Come on people.

July 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
  64. but wiliger

I would rather bang a rotting horse with turd compacted in its ears, nose, anus......................

July 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
    • Lukos58

Don't tell us about your date last Saturday. Tell us what you think about the show. But can you take a shower first?

July 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm |
      • HN

You, my good Sir, Win.

July 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
      • but wiliger

You, my good sir, a big fruit.

July 19, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
      • rachele

Haaa! "your date last Saturday"– good! Thanks for the laugh. I love your reply.

July 19, 2012 at 10:31 pm |
    • sunsetlove

wow

July 19, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
    • Never Forget

LOL, you nailed her looks. Spot on, man. She is hideous.

July 20, 2012 at 12:16 am |
    • Lukos58

but wiliger – Sorry it took so long to read your reply. Unlike you, I actually have a job that doesn't involve cleaning the fry machine every few hours. And you wouldn't know the difference between a fruit, a nut or a legume. Stick to your trolling little boy. At least we know when you half-azz something, it's not something important.

July 20, 2012 at 9:42 am |
    • Forzza

I'm sure you have already!

July 20, 2012 at 10:34 am |
  65. George

What happened to Johnny Galecki?

July 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm |
  66. itoldyouso10

You know, as someone who has Asperger's Syndrome and is very proud of it, and find "Nerd/Geek" to be a compliment, I would very much like to see an article of Carly Ray Jepsen trying to understand trying to embrace Star Trek or explain the types of research that can be found thorugh the new discovery of the Higgs-Boson? Maybe the "normal" world could embrace some "nerdy" things for once and expand their horizons as well? This isn't about a male/female thing, this is about how obsessed our culture is this aspect of life and how one sided their worldview is. It's not that we "Nerds/Geeks" have trouble with romance, it's that romance as the world sees it and how it filters into all aspects of culture isn't the same operating system we are on...and maybe they would find that there is so much more to love and the universe than this destructive culture tries to herd us into...and maybe there can be a new understanding into the human condition that so many can't understand and frustrates us "Nerds/Geeks" as well...

July 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
    • j

Well said.

July 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
    • preciousambergris

I'm almost 40 and have been a lifelong "nerd/geek" but this recent aspie disconnect thing... I don't understand at all. Trouble with romance? I went to prom, got laid, then went home ordered a pizza and watched Star Trek TNG.

July 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
      • peridot2

Asperger's Syndrome was first described by Hans Asperger in 1943. It's nothing new, you're simply unaware of it.

October 15, 2012 at 9:29 am |
    • itoldyouso10

It's more than just watching Star Trek, and there are so many little things that people don't understand about us...some say that it might be better for Aspies to be be with Aspies as we understand each other more. I say that they only thing that makes us disabled is society's ignorance and hope that what makes us "disabled" could make us another unique social group in modern society. How many groups have had similar issues? In addition, it's beyond just watching a TV show and all the struggles that "normal" life gives us because we often find it unpleasent and incompatible with what makes us happy. We could be normal "romantics" in some cases, but what that entails is hidden pain for us. And maybe if society understood that more, these articles could become obsolete. Also, I very much appreciate the compliment for the one that posted it, so thank you!

July 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
      • LittleHero

I hear you. I am an about to turn 50 geek and I have been working in IT for 30 yrs. Aspies are quite prevalent in this profession and I am probably borderline myself. My 30 something step son is also coping with it. There is alot of ignorance out there about the condition, and when I was young we were just weird. My mother forced me into social settings and public speaking and I am very grateful. I have overcome some most of my tendencies, but romance is tricky. I am on my second marriage and it took me a long time to get over the first short marriage. I see the struggles that my step-son has and we have actually considered setting him up with another aspie that is a friend of the family. Today it seems easier to mock than to try and actually understand. Keep your chin up – it gets better.

July 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm |
      • LittleHero

BTW – We are not considering the setup because they are both aspies, but because we believe they are intellectually compatible. Both are brilliant, but both too clueless/uninterested to see the romantic potential.

July 19, 2012 at 11:00 pm |
    • opinionguru

...take your ritalin... move out of your parents basement... get laid... etc.

July 19, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
      • peridot2

There is no medication for Asperger's Syndrome. Read a book on the subject, Opinionguru. You could learn something.

August 1, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  67. Mangus

Wow, no wonder she's so smart, look at the size of that noggin'!

July 19, 2012 at 9:05 pm |
    • nal1010

lmfao!!!

July 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
    • Lukos58

Now, now. Not all girls can have your Mom's sloping forehead. Some actually have the cranial capacity to understand complex thoughts and basic hygiene. Try it, you might like it.

July 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm |
      • Mangus

I actually like her.

July 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm |
  68. Nietodarwin

The absolute best show, I only got hooked last year, (but now have seen them all.) I'm SO HAPPY that television's #1 character is an atheist, showing true intellect and thought, (OK and some stange behavior too.) Maybe some people will actually be moved to look into just how silly religion is, the way people became so interested in forensic science when CSI hit. Great wardrobe work for the cast. This is the best thing to happen to television since The Beverly Hillbillies, (also religion free, unless Granny started singing hymns.)

July 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
    • nal1010

that is television's number one character....think you better check your facts idiot

July 19, 2012 at 9:14 pm |
      • Nietodarwin

Wow, I guess I don't watch enough TV I thought Jim Parsons won the Emmy or Golden Globe or whatever last year. What made you so mad, my television "error" or my atheist comment?

July 19, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
    • Lady Fiona

I don't know about you, but I prefer not to get my spiritual guidance from sitcoms, or TV in general. I would think that having people who want to be more like a fictional character and have a closer association with them if they are successful (basic social psychology here) want to join the ranks, would make their motivations and devotion suspect. Jesus had quite the following while he was popular, but when he was arrested...well we all know how that turned out. I wouldn't think that any religion (atheism included) would want people to convert because "This cool guy I like on TV is one" /facepalm

July 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  69. erica

love, love, love this show. and love mayim. she is perfect as amy farrah fowler!

July 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
  70. jkflipflop

Best show on TV after "Game of Thrones".

July 19, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • mimi

DITTO !!!!!

July 19, 2012 at 10:39 pm |
  71. Peikovianyi

A cracked skull would also damage your colon. because that's where you keep your head.

July 19, 2012 at 9:14 pm |
  72. Lukos58

Nah. You should watch what you say because unlike you, some geeks don't live in their Mom's basement and have military training. Not like anyone would waste their time on an anti-Semite like you with an obvious inferiority complex. "Homely, Jewish neuroscientist?" Yeah, don't want your kids to grow up with that there book-learnin', right Goober? Now, get me my burger and fries.

July 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
  73. Lukos58

Naw, you wouldn't make it in show business even if you were the second coming of Groucho Marx. Hollywood can only take some many anti-Semites at one time. Looking at you Gibson! And you don't have enough intellectual "oomph" to make "millions." Maybe if you had some sharks with frikken lasers, but don't hold you breath, Herr Himmler.

July 19, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  74. nal1010

lol

July 19, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
  75. totenkopf

Juden raus! as always. Seig Heil, a**hole.

July 19, 2012 at 11:40 pm |
  76. Happy Mom

Wow. Just wow...I cannot believe anyone would write such antisemitic tripe. Obnoxious, hateful troll.

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm |
  77. Brian

An intelligent response. Wait, sorry. Typical uneducated response. Would love to know your I.Q. Below 10? Am I warm?

July 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
  78. Lukos58

dumkopf, I mean totenkopf. Are you mad because Mommy took all of your My Little Pony toys? Nothing like a brony meltdown, eh? Maybe you won't have to clean your basement if you ask nice.

July 20, 2012 at 9:50 am |