So you want to go to Comic-Con 2013?
July 16th, 2012

So you want to go to Comic-Con 2013?

After hearing so much about San Diego Comic-Con, you may be considering attending next year. If so, here are a few helpful pointers:

Start planning early - like, now:
No trip to Comic-Con can be spur of the moment. Tickets go on sale months ahead of time–and usually sell out instantaneously. Once you have those tickets, you will want to lay out your plan of attack for the time you're there, not to mention figure out your accommodations, a separate battle.

Lines, lines, everywhere a line:
The lines at Comic-Con, especially for Hall H, make theme park lines seem like a breeze. This year, the line-to-line-up for Hall H serpentined past the convention center and around the back of the gigantic hotel next door - at 6 a.m. People sleep out there. Unless you have no interest in any major panels, you will wait in line seemingly endlessly. See this as a chance to get to know your fellow Con-goers.

Bring along a Con-veteran:
It can be a tremendous help if you have a friend with you who has been there and done that. It can get difficult flying blind. Especially with rumors of crowds pushing the 200,000 mark, if you don't know where you're going you may have no choice about where you end up.

Plan your day wisely:
"Never do anything before 11," said Geek and Sundry's Felicia Day. "And make sure you have dinner with the people you really want to catch up with. You can go from thing to thing and be so frenzied about it. Make your Con about things you really love, because there's so much to distract you."

Stake out specific panels:
The nichiest of niche panels exist at Comic-Con, such as the "Ball Jointed Doll Collectors Group" or "The Chilling Archives of Horror Comics 'Zombies' Panel." Look hard enough and you may find one for you, with a much shorter line to get in.

Prepare to geek out:
"You get to meet your heroes. It doesn't matter if you're here or if you're Peter Jackson," remarked "Doctor Who" star Matt Smith. "I bet Peter Jackson saw someone and said, 'Wow, you're here, too. Cool.' "

Whether it's going to a panel for something you like or finding a toy or comic book you've been looking for, prepare to squee.

See you at Comic-Con 2013!

Posted by
Filed under: Brainiac • Comic Longbox • Comic-Con 2012 • Fandom • Master User • Otaku
  1. click here

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she
    retains the image of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.

Thus that's why this piece of writing is great. Thanks!

August 3, 2013 at 9:43 pm |
  2. silversulfadiazine cream

Generally I don't learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very great post.

July 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm |
  3. SEO, PREMIUM, TOOLS, CRACKS, VBULLETIN, WORDPRESS, INVISION POWER BOARD (IPB), MYBB TEMPLATES, MODS, PLUGINS, HACKS, MONEY, HOSTING ACCOUNTS, TUTORIALS

This is very fascinating, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look ahead to searching for more of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks

July 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm |
  4. roberto flores

How much does it cost at the door or online. But I need to know ASAP

July 19, 2013 at 3:48 pm |
  5. Elvira

Hi there, I think your blog may be having web browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari,
    it looks fine however, if opening in Internet
    Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Apart from that, excellent website!

June 4, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  6. seo

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you are utilizing? I have loaded your blog in 3 totally different browsers and I must say this blog loads a great deal quicker then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price? Kudos, I appreciate it! seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
  7. OC

Any advice to solve this is very much appreciated. I did not receive a membership I.D. and would like to purchase a badge. Is it possible to purchase a badge from someone?

February 16, 2013 at 2:33 am |
  8. Kitchie

hi, i'm thinking of going to comic-con 2013 but i only want to purchase merchandise from the stalls, and on just one day. do i still need to buy a badge if i'm not going to any of the panels or signings?

December 23, 2012 at 6:34 am |
    • Marianne

We go every year and YES, you do need a pass. You'll need one to even walk through the door, each door! But 1-day passes will be easier to obtain then the coveted 4 day passes. If you just want to browse and buy, try for a Sunday pass. The vendors are often from out of state and DO NOT want to ship the merchandise back and cut amazing deals with you! The hours on Sunday are shorter though, so keep that in mind. If you want those limited edition figures from Mattel and other vendors, buy a Thursday badge. Collectors race to those booths!! GOOD LUCK!

January 26, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
      • stephanie

i am wanting to get tickets for my husband when he comes home from afgan but idk if i should, is there something for everyone there? he loves green lantern and batman...will those famous people be there? i love supernatural do they go every year? i want this to be a surprise for him but dont know much about it and dont want to spend the money if "our" heros arent there. im not finding a line up anywhere,

February 5, 2013 at 12:03 am |
  9. bigbangluva

I am going to Comic-Con for the first time this year and have some quick questions. Is there any sense in camping out the night before to pick up badges? How early should one wait in line to get into the panels (especially the H Room?). Is there anyway to meet the actors after the panel or anyway at all?

December 16, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
    • colonelpanik

No, doing not camp out for badges they are not a problem to get and the lines move quick, especially if you are there for preview night, a few hours early should be enough. As for hall h, well the earlier the better as in the night before if there is something you really want to see, if there is something late in the day that you want to see you need to be there early in the morning, after most people get in the hall for the day they don't leave, so keep that in mind. Meeting actors is very difficult, after most major panels there is a signing or something at the studios booth in the main hall, and unless you are the Flash you are not going to get from the hall to the signing before the line is to long and capped. But pay attention to the program or do what I do and download the app a few days before and see where people are going to be. Hope this helped, I have been twice by the way, I am in no way an expert but I remember my first time two years ago and I had no idea how to do it,so ask as many people as you can and get tips man. Good lock at con. Please forgive typos this was typed on a nexus 7

December 20, 2012 at 12:16 am |
  10. LAR

Did tickets go on sale for the 2013 NY comic con and sold out already? Or is the site not updated since 2012 ticket sales? Could someone please tell me. And if they are sold out, is there somewhere i can buy 2 tickets? thanks

December 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  11. stonjalm

Is there a way to find out who will be there, and what days they will be there before you buy tickets?

November 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
    • Henry Hanks

http://comic-con.org usually lists guests of honor but that's just a tiny fraction of the people who will be there. If there is someone you want to see there in particular, chances are they will be there.

November 8, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  12. Sabina

I think the people who purchased pre-registration badges should not be allowed to purchase badges during open registration. Talk about selfish! You already have your badges shut up and be happy! Leave some badges for the people who weren't allowed for pre-registration. This is much more fair and SDCC should change it to this way. It's a brilliant idea.

October 22, 2012 at 8:23 pm |
  13. Ludus Tours

Come Join us at San Diego Comi-Con

We set up full packages and tours, from San Diego natives that are heavily tied into the Event.

Ludustours.com

October 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  14. Wrenn_NYC

Probably not, verging on a No.

It's gone too mainstream. It's gotten far to big.

And I say that as someone who most likely would not have to 'buy a ticket'. Pros go through another sort of process, asking to go and getting approved for free memberships for themselves and their spouses. I fall in the 'spouse' position.

The same goes for ComicCon NYC and Dragon*Con, for pros. I will be at both.

August 6, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Wrenn_NYC

ah. what I meant was – the same process on getting memberships works for other conventions – like NYCC and Dragon*Con.

Both of which I'd rather go to.

August 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
      • Raziefboboiboy

Hi there, I was searching for smehtoing totally unrelated but looking at Tomiai and I came across your blog. I was an ALT in Tomiai from 1990 until 1993 (my sister is still in Reihoku) and it was nice to know that some die hard enkai traditions are still around. I wonder if Tomiai has changed much in all those years? I did go back in 2001 and it was very different even then to when I was first there. I bet you are actually teaching some of my pupils kids there (if they stayed and they let you teach sho-gakko) which is a bit scary I am a Brit and had 3 of the best years of my life out there so enjoy and don't overdo the drinking!Helen

November 14, 2012 at 6:56 am |
    • mike

Hipster

October 14, 2012 at 12:38 am |
      • Juan

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a fantastic comenmce, but it is currently hampered by the inability to shop locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit charge. If this adjustments, then it will fairly negate this advantage for the Zune, but the ten songs for each month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

November 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
  15. BatSymbol

OH LOOK – another Comic-Con post. It's the only thing that Geeks talk or think about.

August 4, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
  16. Lori Tucker

I'm hoping to go 2013. My 11 year old sons are supergeeks and I would do most anything to support that. They aren't athletes. They are nerdy nerds like I was, but other than math field day, or the yearly science fair a brainy girl like me never had a venue to tap into my inner geek goddess. So I plan to take them on the pilgramage, to Geektopia, and hope Comic Con will inspire them to think, dream, and create! I am willing to hire a personal guide veteran so reply if interested.

August 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  17. starkgirl

This year I went for my first comic-con and it was all worth it. A couple of my friends and I were lucky to be able to get a room in the Marriott (which is connected to the convention hall). One of my friends is also a con-veteran and he's been going for the past 8 years, so, he helped us a lot (yes, it's advisable to go with a veteran if you can).

As for the lines, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. For the first day, we lined up for our badges 5 hours early. But I was with my friends so it felt like nothing.
    I also lined up for Hall-H for about 5 hours (that day's line up was Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Looper, Resident Evil, and Total Recall) . I was alone at that time but it wasn't bad cause I brought my laptop and watched X-Men Trilogy while waiting :).

August 4, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  18. Cici

I went for the first time this year, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be! As in "bad", I mean not as much crazy crowds and long lines as I expected.

The people there are generally polite and friendly to each other and the longest line I had to wait in was 2hrs for the Dexter panel. I couldn't decide if I wanted to see the Wilfred or Dexter one, and a half hour before Wilfred, I changed my mind and STILL got into the Dexter one.

Did I get a good seat?
    No, I couldn't even see the celebrities in the enormous Ballroom 20, but the huge monitors cured that problem.

Even the badge pick-up on Wednesday wasn't a long line. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes? And I showed up around 2 hours after they started giving out the badges.

So I guess it can be hell if you want to be face-to-face with celebrities or get autographs (getting Andrew Hussie's autograph to an hour long line and I doubt you even know who that is.)

Then again, I only went for one day due to slow internet connection during bade sales and I spent most of it in the lovely Exhibitors Hall. It depends on how big the stuff you want to do are, I suppose.

August 3, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
  19. shannon ray blake

as mister shannon ray blake "the dungeon master",i have focused my own character in a world called"dungeons to the dragons".in this etherial realm where soul's exist,heaven,hell,the bottomless pit are just a few of their enviroments.the outer courtyard of heaven contains many different areas which would interest most people.this realm is interwoven and mixed with the astral plane (our universe),and the arcaneic plane(a spiritual dimension made of light).i am the antagonist,but not the arch villian.alex the white spider is the arch villian.the arch protagonist's are the father ,the son ,and the holy spirit of the holy bible.my character is the seal of the living god,blotted out of the book of life and shamed by many in all three realms.but my character has the power of the book of truth spoken of in the book of daniel.with fifteen ancient color of light i continue carrying my cross daily on my left wrist since september 1989.i a world where people in the astral plane have hated me so badly,i released every familiar spirit i have defeated!causeing floods,drought many plagues from insects,and false god's to get possesion of people in the flesh.that sounds evil ,but nobody believed me ,and 22 years of biploar drugs,isolation from friends,a job,treated like monster,we all have made our bed ,now we will lay in it.each person is responsible for thier own actions.enjoy the daylight while have it ,and may the truth set you free.or may the fleas of thousand camels rest at your campgrounds,because "you people" did not believe souls are watching you on earth as i am writing this right now!shannon

July 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
  20. Arlette

So I don't know much about any of this. All I really know is I <3 Supernatural and I want to meet JENSEN and Jared. So.. my question is do they attend Comic-Con, and how do you find out???

July 24, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
    • Cyn Bermudez

Yes, they were there on Sunday. TV and Movie panels are usually made up of cast (characters), writer(s), and producer(s). If that is all you want to see, look it to a Supernatural convention (I'm sure there are some) because at Comic-Con you're a not guaranteed entrance into a panel. TV shows are the are hardest to get into and many people camp out. A show specific Con will guarantee you access to their panel. I personally love Comic-Con, but I'm a total geek and love the smaller panels too. Good luck. :)

July 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • Jessie

Fun. I\'ve been stumbling into a lot of web cocmis recently and have been trying to peg down what aspects actually make up a great comic. Drawing quality, content, story vs stand-alone.Thanks for sharing.-I am one of the candidates for the GirlDiver internship, that\'s how I stumbled across your blog-ta

September 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm |
  21. Holly

We've wanted to go for several years. How on EARTH do you get tickets??? It seems like they sell out to those who have gone the prior year and anyone else is just out of luck!

July 18, 2012 at 6:43 pm |
    • Cyn Bermudez

You have to plan early (like the article states). You have to register for a member id at the SDCC website and wait until the give you a registration date. Be prepared to wait in a virtual line for this as well. Log on as soon as soon as they open to get in line. Expect to wait a few hours before you can buy, and don't be disheartened when you see 20,000 people ahead of you. SDCC reserves a certain amount of passes for per-registration but there will be some for new comers to buy.

July 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm |
    • Maranda

I went to SDCC this past year, for the first time. I registered for a Member ID in February, and I think tickets went on sale in March (or at the end of Feb). I followed the instructions and went to the site right at the time stated. I wasn't in the virtual line for hours. It was maybe 10-15 minutes, and I got my tickets. I know they sold out within hours, but I think if you really go right away, it's not a tremendous wait. I did figure it'd be three-four hours, but not at all. Once you go, you're able to pre-register, which helps take some of the stress away, LOL. I think most of the previous attendees swoop up the Four Day badges. I bought badges for individual days, which was convenient because I only wanted it for three of the four days. This year, though, I'm trying for the four day badge. I want to be able to go to everything!

August 3, 2012 at 11:22 am |
  22. viking

So... Is there a VIP tickket where you can skip all the lines and BO, watch all the fun stuff without being herded by security and get drunk on old Scotch with the geek girls? And smoke a sigar within 10 klicks from the con area? Money is no problem. I'm a filty rick viking with lot of pillage. But for many years the geeks at the office have said: "This year we have to go to ComicCon". And then we watch the first photo of the lines and we go "So.... What about a weekend in eastern europe with fighter jets and tanks?". But after a few years its "been there, done that". Except ComicCon. And after all, when its possible to get a guided VIP tour to Monaco during the Formula 1 race next summer for an extra handfull of euro, how hard can it be to get a VIP treatment on ComicCon? If anyone have a link, please share. Its time to begin planning "business trips" for the next year. :-)

July 16, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
    • Cyn Bermudez

No, there isn't. There is reserved seating for executives/staff for their respective panels (i.e. TV show writers/executives not on the panel). There is also reserved seating for the disabled. I'm glad that SDCC doesn't cater to that elitist crap. There are people who camp out and they earn their spot in the front rows.

July 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm |