July 13th, 2012

iReport: Costumes of Comic-Con 2012

Some of the wildest and wackiest costumes from San Diego Comic-Con are on display in these fantastic images from CNN iReporter montebubbles. She said she chose these people as they stood out from the rest of the crowds at the convention.

Joyce Chow (montebubbles) adds, "I am certain that if you are attending you will have your own favorites so please comment."

Share your videos and photos highlighting the sights and sounds of the annual Comic-Con at iReport assignment: San Diego Comic-Con 2012

Posted by
Filed under: Comic-Con 2012
  1. Marieli

Posted on Great post. I wanna go! Waaaaugh! and some of us may not remember the Mary Pat Gleason Incident, but I gueanrtae you, Mary Pat Gleason does.

August 5, 2012 at 5:01 am |
  2. Darren

Ravi,The quotes would have got me to unsrtdeand.I think your point about if one goes looking for it in the real world they'll not find it so romantic' is probably true. I've been on the streets at night when something goes down, it lacks the framing that organized sort of basement sports events provide. Secondly, a gun trumps fists and feet, so there is always a question if someone has one sort of advantage.Or political demos with the cops all around ready for a little sport. Takes the idea of duking it out into another place. That place is where you lose go to jail and deal with jail life. All of which seems to me gives the fantasy of basement fighting a bit of delusionary aspect.To speak to being in fight, I've been but there is always a question in my mind what will I do. I've mostly lost the fear of losing. I'll walk into a bunch of teenagers who are being provocative to give them a little frisson of threat. Or if a guy is beating a woman or trying to really intimidate a women or children then I'll intervene, step between them. I never know when I do it if I can stay there or not. But it never feels like I'm macho. It feels if I can use the moral framing thingy, the right thing to do at the time' sort of thing. But scares the bejabbers out of someone with me.Doyle

August 3, 2012 at 1:38 am |
    • Christophe

Trust the weather is bteter and pleased to hear the dry fly and caddis fisihing are improved. Need to fix my casting so as to compensate for less hours standing in driftboat or wading. It was great to see you all in person. Try to get those construction chores down and if you do let me know and we'll do some float fishing in September please? Gene.

September 15, 2012 at 12:10 am |
  3. envases de madera

i en absoluto tuvieramos 3 millones de labradores extranjeros no tendr�amos 3 millones de detenidos m�s y m�s.

July 22, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  4. Sam

Now if you want an EXCELLENT cosplayer...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=367614763311841&set=a.293538274052824.67610.293522497387735&type=1&theater

Best....Joker....EVER!

July 19, 2012 at 11:56 pm |
    • Sam

Oops....that didn't post right,,,forgot to put a space between my text and the link.

July 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm |
    • Indah

Great stuff, and thanks for sihrang some of your life on your 50th birthday. I wish I could say it only gets better from here, but I'd be lying. lol

September 12, 2012 at 10:21 am |
  5. Truth Hurts

Comic Con: Where 3's-5's dress up and become faux 8's and 9's in the eyes of rich nerds.

July 16, 2012 at 10:12 am |
    • Priyambada

Doyle,perhaps I should have put real man in queots I meant the general stereotype of the real man : someone who is big and brawny and deals with the real world . While that stereotype is a bit silly, I still find this geek fight club thing ludicrous, and think that if they really desire a beating, they should go looking elsewhere (and that will quickly change their mind about their machismo etc).Have I been in a physical fight? Not really anything significant, in my adult life.

August 5, 2012 at 2:05 am |
  6. razedeyebrow

If that's what you'll look like if you turn vegan, no thanks.

July 15, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
    • John

Says the person who undoubtedly has a weight problem and is at this moment hiding behind her computer screen slugging down another Diet Coke.

July 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
      • Masashi

I would love to join some of your walks but it is just a bit too far. I'll have to settle with my own where we are hainvg an explosion of blooms ourselves.nellie

September 15, 2012 at 12:25 am |
  7. gphx

Are Ironman's female cohorts Ironmaidens?

July 14, 2012 at 9:19 pm |
    • Christopher

Sure proud of your accomplishments!!! Things are rellay getting checked off. I am having fun with my patio herb garden. I got a big flower pot and Sarah put some good soil from Annual Ambience in it. Then I bought some little herb plantings and potted about 5 of them and boy do they ever grow like weeds!!! They look so pretty too. The only problem is I haven"t been able to cook with them yet because my kitchen still isn't finished.

September 15, 2012 at 12:54 am |
  8. D Rock

I can't believe people can get away with this stuff. Only under Obama...

Romney/Palin 2012

July 14, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
    • Seriously????

Comicon has been around a hell of a lot longer than Obama.

July 14, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
      • ERF

don't feed the troll.

July 14, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
    • die die

then it must be Obama's fault you exist. haha!

July 15, 2012 at 9:50 pm |
    • orion

d rock you really are an idiot a$$

July 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  9. JoshL

Who is Revan?

July 14, 2012 at 11:33 am |
  10. alieninwhite

Busted http://t.co/Le09YYcz

July 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • Paulo

Sam Posted on absolutely aegerd it's probably more appropriate to have a Best Idea Executed Across More Than One Channel, Including At Least Two Digital category or if you want to be succinct Most Versatile Idea but you've got me thinking about how best to evaluate integration

August 5, 2012 at 2:35 am |
    • Bruno

I guess our tradition is to watch firkowres on the back deck which faces Lake Washington the past serveral years the firkowres shows have been getting more and more elaborate the gathering for a family barbeque and then the clammoring for a chair that has the choice view in front (the seats are all good!) I do remember one year as a child (maybe 6 years old?) and being told that I couldn't leave the dinner table to watch firkowres until I ate my salad (with peas) .sadly that year I missed the show because I fell asleep on the chairs

November 16, 2012 at 2:13 am |
  11. wrenthefaceless

Why do websites always post the worst costumes when talking about cosplay? ugh....

July 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
    • ERF

agreed. These cosplays aren't really very good at all:/

July 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
  12. disagreement

Man league of legends is taking precedence this year.

July 13, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
  13. Clayton SF

Me too. Where is she? That redhead with the full head o' hair. Where is she?

July 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  14. Disappointed

Me, too! the only one possibly worth looking at and they don't/won't give her to us.

July 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  15. Frank

I guess I will never go vegan.

July 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • die die

because we care.

July 15, 2012 at 9:50 pm |
      • live live

to comment

July 16, 2012 at 7:55 am |
  16. sixin

I came here for the picture from the thumbnail on the main CNN page but it's not here😦

July 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • Tom

Likewise!

July 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
      • Mike

likewise would mean the thumbnail came to see that guy.

July 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
      • JoshL

likewise... that happens to me quite a bit actually cause CNN sucks

July 13, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
    • Rynomite

Same! They tease us nerds with hot redheads and then don't deliver! The nerve!

July 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
    • Grotman

Tim-There is a campground in Lusk, but last year when I steayd there the bathrooms were non-operative. They had a sign up telling tenters to use the rest area across the street. There is another place in town that allows tent camping. I have never steayd there, but you can pitch a tent behind the broasted chicken place in town.

September 12, 2012 at 11:52 am |