Rocking out with a Millennium Falcon guitar
February 20th, 2012

Rocking out with a Millennium Falcon guitar

After kittens and squirrels became Jedi Knights, dogs were made to resemble things found on the planet Hoth, and a Stormtrooper cake was brought into existence, it was only a matter of time before someone created a Millennium Falcon guitar.

In fact, there are quite a few of those people out there. One of them is Brian Fisk, who designed the guitar after Han Solo and Chewbacca's famous ship as seen in the original "Star Wars" trilogy.

CNN Geek Out spoke to Fisk about his homage to an unmistakable symbol for "Star Wars" fandom:

CNN Geek Out: What inspired you to create this?

Fisk: I saw pictures of a couple Millennium Falcon guitars online and decided they were the coolest things I'd ever seen. I knew I had to make one even cooler. The quest to make it cooler inspired the custom made R2-D2 headstock as well as the working sounds and lights. I have a love for music and am a mild "Star Wars" fan so this seemed like the perfect project for me.

CNN Geek Out: Why the Falcon?

Fisk: The Millennium Falcon could outrun any other ship in the galaxy and even though it wasn't beautiful and had some mechanical issues it seemed invincible. I made this guitar from the toy I had as a young child. Many people spent their youth playing with the Millennium Falcon toy and if you didn't have one, it was defiantly the toy you wanted. When you see that ship it brings back memories of hope we had when we were younger, that kind of hope that could fly us away from our hardships and to a galaxy far, far away...

CNN Geek Out: How difficult was the process of building it?

Fisk: It was a challenge to put together. First of all, there is no instruction manual on "How to Build a Millennium Falcon Guitar" and only a few photos from other builds to reference. I spent extra time on nights and weekends for several months to finish this guitar. Almost everything had to be worked out on paper first, then physically constructed, then reworked again because something didn't work correctly.

CNN Geek Out: What have people said to you in response?

Fisk: I have received some great feedback on this guitar including some quotes like "You sir, are a god!" and "I'm ready to propose." My video has received some mixed reviews because of my less than fantastic guitar playing ability and my overlooked spelling errors, but for the most part I think everyone is enjoying the guitar as much as I am.

CNN Geek Out: Anything new on the horizon for you?

Fisk: I've had some suggestions to make a "Death Star" banjo ...

(Check out the guitar in action here.)

Filed under: Fandom
  1. top escorts

حج مبرور وسعي مشكور وذنب مغفور إن شاء الله. .وكل عام وأنتم بخير. بالنسبة للقاح إنفلونزا الخنازير، ألم إجبارياًّ؟!!

May 7, 2013 at 3:01 am |
  2. text free phone

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vivid clear idea

July 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  3. Free Facebook Like

I do consider all of the concepts you have offered on your post. They are really convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for starters. Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

April 16, 2012 at 7:20 am |
  4. Malnurtured Snay

I'm sorry – "defiantly wanted"? Like, seriously, does no one proof read this stuff?

March 13, 2012 at 11:34 am |
    • Chiaki

…한국을 모른다니 ..아쉽군요.한국을모르는들도 삼성,현대,LG 기업은 알고있지않나요?ps.영어로 대답하셔도 괜찮아요^^친절한대답 감사합니다.그리고 귀찮으시다면 더이상 질문을하지않겠습니다ㅜㅜIt's okay. ^^ Ask whatever you want.You're right, Americans do know about Samsung, Hyundai, and more, but . . . I don't know they know those comapnies are Korean. Most Americans DON'T know that LG is Korean. But it's slowly changing. You know the TV show Lost? That really helped promote Korea, I think. And Kim Yuna, of course. ^^

July 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
  5. jiggaboo

does this guy have contact information ill pay 10 thousand for this

March 13, 2012 at 9:08 am |
    • Tidge

His email is brianfiskmusic@gmail.com. It is at the end of the video in one of the links in the story🙂 good luck!

March 19, 2012 at 11:17 am |
  6. the no-nose comic artist

Cool!

March 10, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
  7. Buzzzzzz

It looks like a bee.

March 7, 2012 at 8:45 am |
  8. Alethea

Hero World TourFrom previous nhigts of being a guitar sidekick and booze and Guitar Hero, we spent roughly 7 straight hours on Guitar Hero World Tour on Monday,

March 7, 2012 at 2:25 am |
  9. Roseane

Hi anonymous- I have just been in touch with the oraingsers of the Guitar Show and they assured me that children are welcome. They only ask that children under 14 years be accompanied by a responsible adult. So enjoy the show!

March 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm |
  10. shore tours in St Petersburg

مرحبا geekout.blogs.cnn.com. حصلت على موقع الويب الخاص بك وجدت موقع الويب الخاص بك عن طريق البحث في أثناء البحث عن مسألة مشابهة ، حتى هنا. يبدو جيدا. لدي علامات مرجعية في جوجل بلدي أن أعود في وقت لاحق.

March 4, 2012 at 6:08 am |
  11. Eman de Riuqer

What a piece of junk! – – She'll make .5 past high-e!

Anyone think it has secret compartments for smuggling built into it? 🙂

March 3, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  12. Akira

Impressive! Most impressive!

February 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm |
  13. Doron Markowitz

Likewise, here is the Millennium Falcon bass that I built as well. I built it over the course of only 5 days, during this past Thanksgiving week, and it is actually my main stage bass. Here is a video demo of it: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=292455807460820 And here is a photo album of it: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.289059051133829.71342.100000892103878&type=3

February 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
  14. Doron Markowitz

OK, this one is very nice and all, but here is the one that I built for Grammy Winning Producer, Sebastian Krys, a year before this guy built his! You all tell me what you think of my work! This was the second of 3 Millennium Falcon guitars that I have built, including the third one being a bass. Here is a video demo of it: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=272519836121084 And here is the picture album, that Brian is probably referring to when he says that he saw pics on the web: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.265465363493198.66575.100000892103878&type=3

February 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
    • Ssemakula

She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it uotncs, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. Very cool!

March 4, 2012 at 6:43 pm |
  15. KajinPL

huh, well that's original. kudos.

February 21, 2012 at 11:13 am |
  16. wookie

I'm waiting for the obie wan kin OBOE🙂

February 20, 2012 at 6:30 pm |
    • Layne

Thanks. I needed that this morning.

February 22, 2012 at 6:42 am |
      • James

I didn't

March 1, 2012 at 8:20 pm |
    • Sanni

16a13835eeI think other web site proprietors shulod take this web site as an model, very clean and magnificent user genial style and design, let alone the content. You're an expert in this topic! 187

May 23, 2012 at 8:16 pm |
  17. Uncle Dutch

Death Star banjo? He must have played one at some time or another, 'cause I can tell you from first-hand experience that next to the bag pipes, you pray that a banjo is the one instrument you hope your new neighbor or roommate is NOT learning how to play. Believe me...you can become very unpopular, very quick. It's why I took up the guitar...safer. As for this whachamacallit, feh....I know a luthier that can (and has) make you an instrument out of a used toilet seat that will intonate just as proficiently as this...wall decoration will.

February 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
  18. Jonathan

Gives new meaning to "guitar solo".🙂

February 20, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
    • pacman357

Want! Tell you what, I'll hang fake fur off of my drums, you bring the MFG over, and we can jam in my garage. I don't have sheet music for the Mos Eisley Cantina tune, but we could probably work it out.

February 21, 2012 at 10:27 am |