Ron Weasley, one of us
November 4th, 2011

Ron Weasley, one of us

Ever since I read, “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” for the first time in 2000, Ronald Bilius Weasley has always been my favorite character. You could even say that I had a slight crush on him growing up.

Now mind you, I was an 11-year-old girl then who, like any Potter-fanatic, dreamed of getting her Hogwarts acceptance letter someday.

I would spend hours reading and re-reading the books. Then I would go online to Potter forums and fan fiction websites to read some more. I could summarize story lines, recite facts and my favorite quotes from memory. I literally grew up with Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione Granger and even quietly celebrated their respective birthdays. So you see I was, and still am, quite invested.

But out of all the people in the Potter-verse, I have always had a soft spot for Ron.

Yes, Harry was a true hero for many and Hermione a role model for many young girls like me.

Yet there was something about Ron that I related to and I admired, besides the fact that his birthday, March 1, is a day before mine. He was the steadfast, loyal, charming friend who was always overshadowed by his family and his best friends. Yet he was the one to cut the tension, make Harry relax and provide a balance to Hermione.

To me he seemed the most real out of the trio, someone I could expect to bump into at the grocery store and have a conversation with (not that Ron would ever want to step into a Muggle store).

So you can imagine my shock when I read this headline a few days ago: “J.K. Rowling almost killed off Ron Weasley.”

In a recently released interview from the DVD and Blu-ray edition of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” Rowling brought up the possibility when talking to Daniel Radcliffe.

“Midway through the series … I did seriously consider killing Ron” she said.

Mid-series? That would mean no Ron in "Order of the Phoenix" "Half-Blood Prince" and "Deathly Hallows."

Harry would have been positively depressed. He would be moping around much more than he already was. While this would have been a glimmer of hope for Harry/Hermione shippers, I just can’t picture them moving on without him. If you remember how upset Hermione was when Ron and Lavender Brown got together, then it is safe to say that she would be devastated if he died.

I wasn’t the only one of course. When the news did come out, many fans took to the comments section and forums to express their disbelief.

One user, under the name Rupert-Grint-Fan, posted on a SnitchSeeker.com forum, saying, “If Ron died, I’d rip the darn book in half.”

Clearly Rowling ruffled some feathers with that confession. Apparently it’s not the first time fans have requested her not to kill Ron.

“Mostly they [kids] are really worried about Ron,” Rowling said in 2000, “As if I'm going to kill Harry's best friend. What I find interesting is only once has anyone said to me, ‘Don't kill Hermione.’”

Indeed to many readers, Ron is seen as the weakest, skills-wise, among the trio and the least likely to survive, therefore the most dispensable.

Believe it or not, the possibility of Ron dying has been a hot topic of discussion for years. In 2006 on The Leaky Lounge, a part of The Leaky Cauldron website which is a Potter fan site and blog, one forum thread explored this extensively.

A poster called Wimsey argued, "Ron brings no skills to the table. That bodes ill for him because if Ron does not serve plot, then he has to serve theme or story: and that Ron dying to let Harry and Hermione carry onwards would do that."

In response, user Gam46140 said, “Why should Ron die? True he has no significant magical powers. His greatest power is being a truly loyal friend. How can you kill a guy like that off? … Besides, his relationship with Hermione has taken years to develop. He deserves a payoff for his patience.”

Loyalty.

That is the key word that Ron fans have often used to defend him. Sure Ron’s humor and quick wit adds to the trio’s dynamic and hilarity in the books (“I want to fix that in memory forever… Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret”). But Harry chose Ron as his friend for his dependability, not because he can make him laugh.

It was Ron’s loyalty in the “Prisoner of Azkaban” that made him stand up to Sirius Black and say, "If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us too," a line that was unfortunately given to Emma Watson’s Hermione in the movie.

In fact, most fans of the book are dissatisfied with how the movies’ directors have approached Ron’s character. They almost unanimously agree that the mainstream perception of Ron as just the funny and whimpering sidekick is definitely not canon.

That’s just it. Ron is not the so-called sidekick. He never was. Along with Hermione, Ron has played an important role in Harry’s various confrontations with Lord Voldemort.

Ron sacrificed himself during the chess game in “Philosopher’s Stone” so that Harry could retrieve the stone. Instead of hanging back and waiting for Harry to rescue his sister, Ginny, from the “Chamber of Secrets,” Ron went with him. He was part of Dumbledore’s Army and was with Harry in the Department of Mysteries in the “Order of the Phoenix.” Ron fought against the Death Eaters who invaded Hogwarts in “Half-Blood Prince,” destroyed two Horcruxes and fought in the Battle of Hogwarts in “Deathly Hallows.”

Ron’s steadiness as a friend also hits closer to home for Rowling. In a 2001 interview, she said that one of her best friends, Sean Harris, was an influence on Ron’s character.

“Ron owes a fair bit to Sean … He's always there when you need him, that's Ron Weasley!” she said.

Rowling also said that Sean and his Ford Anglia represented freedom to her, which could explain the same sense of happiness that Harry felt when he was with Ron and the Weasley family.

Other fans have also said that Ron reminds them of a loved one or someone they have met. Jenny Dolfen, an illustrator and teacher from Germany whose artwork of Ron is featured in this story, said that her mental image of Ron was based on some of the boys she met while teaching in the UK, making him appear all the more real to her.

“Ron’s always been very clear in my imagination, a fusion of several students I met in my assistant year,” she said, “I could just picture him as one of the boys I’d met there. He talked exactly like them, he was funny, he was bright, he was friendly, and sometimes a bit goofy. He’s my favorite character in the series - even more so than Harry.”

This is not to say that those who point out Ron’s flaws are wrong. He was often mean to Hermione, especially about her going to the Yule Ball with Viktor Krum and he did overreact to Harry becoming the fourth Triwizard champion. But Ron did grow up in the shadow of his brothers so it’s not surprising that he can be insecure and jealous. His imperfections make him all the more real, someone a regular person can relate to.

As one user, Calamity Jamie, summarized on another Leaky Lounge forum thread: “Ron is the heart of this trio (Harry the soul and Hermoine the brains).”

And that is why I’ll always sing,  “Weasley is our King.”

Posted by
Filed under: Fandom
  1. Click here

I conceive other website proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and good user pleasant style and design .

November 9, 2012 at 8:23 am |
  2. best finances

Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. That is a really smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

July 29, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  3. Pharmd214

Hello! gkegagd interesting gkegagd site! I'm really like it! Very, very gkegagd good!

June 7, 2012 at 8:23 am |
  4. Pharmd262

Hello! bfgdakg interesting bfgdakg site! I'm really like it! Very, very bfgdakg good!

June 7, 2012 at 8:22 am |
  5. facebook fan

I'm really inspired with your writing talents as smartly as with the layout in your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it your self? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to look a great weblog like this one today..

April 4, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  6. Linda

He does have a few good points, but in general his jealousy, rudeness, sloppiness and poor treatment of his friends annoys me. I can't like Ron no matter how much I try.

And like someone else said, he's completely unmotivated. Somehow he expects to have rewards for basically doing nothing, and though he's supposedly best friends with Harry, he gets jealous of him all the time. He ought to know by now that Harry doesn't want the fame, and especially not for the particular reasons he has it.

November 9, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
    • Starkid

Oh my Salazar! That's exactly how I feel!!!! He is always jealous and annoying and is just nearly always in a bad mood. I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I'm not alooooone!!!!

November 10, 2011 at 8:32 am |
  7. Chechula

I think Ron adn Snape are the very best, richest characters of the saga (sort of Han Solo and Darth Vader of magic). When Ron/Rupert disappears in the books or onscreen, they became an absolutely bore and I sikp pages or scenes til he comes back.
    Hermione on the other hand is a dispensable character.

November 9, 2011 at 6:40 pm |
  8. pakbethol

Very well said! Hear, hear! This is the article that summarizes all that I've wanted to say about Ron Weasley! He is an awesome character and friend and it has always disappointed me how he was under-represented in the movie. Seriously, they could've done better than setting aside the real Ron and giving most of his best times to other characters. That has always frustrated me!

That's why it pains me to watch POA with Emma Watson saying Rupert's supposed to be lines. Really!

I've always been able to relate to him. He's funny and it doesn't hurt that he's an awesome keeper without his nerves getting the best of him!

Thank you so much for writing this article! You rock!

November 9, 2011 at 8:18 am |
  9. jj

Ron plays the role in the Harry Potter books that Sam plays in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In the end, it is Sam who carries Frodo and the ring up Mt. Doom to complete the quest. It is Sam who with his quiet strength and humor, is the Everyman on the quest. And in the end, it is Sam who goes back to the Shire, marries Rose and has a happy life. Very similar to Ron.

November 7, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
    • vk

sam never left frodo until he thought frodo was dead even then he came back to save him immediately as soon as he knew it was otherwise. Ron, on the other hand left harry both with and without horcrux(so not an excuse).hermione is the one who stuck with him till the end. so, hermione is harry's sam. ron maybe boromir alive(prejudiced,influenced) with less skills.

November 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
  10. PRS

True that.. Ron was the bridge betweenm Harmoine and Harry and integral to the story line. Cant imagine this story without him.

November 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  11. Carrie

Ron's character reminds me so much of Xander from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." With no magical abilities, it is Xander that brings back Willow's humanity just by being a true friend. I think the lesson is that sometimes being Clark Kent is just as important as being Superman. One can't exist without the other.

November 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  12. NOT MY CHAIR

i cant wait till i dont have to hear about these children stories any more

November 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
    • Ralphsgirl

You're free to go read updates on Kim Kardashian's marriage. No reason to read these articles, let alone comment on them.

November 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  13. Mwah

Children, It is only the Sorcerer's Stone in the US. Why? It's more recognizable to American's apparently.

Anyway, back to the article.
    I agree. Ron was the actual heart of the trio. The most real. By the most real, I mean the most believable. He came from a lower class family and was treated poorly. He was hidden by the shadow of his best friend and insecure about his love interests. He is classically original and believable. Hermione is relateable of course. She's intelligent beyond measure and people are intimidated by her. She's so intelligent she seems to be a prude for most of the series until she finally loosens up. Harry however, just lived an incredibly difficult life and is so melancholy and morbid most of the time. It's quite sad.

Ron is the way to go!

November 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • Chechula

I absolutely agree with you. Ron is the only one out of the trio who's a real and believable teenager. Harry & Hermione otherwise are stiff and boring,

November 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • Sushil

HARRY POTTER is absolutely faluabunots. I love HARRY POTTER books and movies. Thanks to J.K.Rowling for this wonderful creation of hers , it has brought quite a differnce to the trend of reading story books & if Dan, Rupert, Emma or any1 from the movie ever read this I want to say U GUYS ROCK & to you Joanne , you are the BEST . THE PICS ARE ABSOLUTELY MINDBLASTING . I DO HOPE THERE WERE MORE!!

August 5, 2012 at 3:45 am |
  14. jack

Other hints that Ron is the central:
    Hermione married him.
    Harry, unable to marry Ron himself, married his sister instead.

November 7, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • Shalini

Haha, true. Especially the Harry – Ron part. Their friendship plays a key role in the series.

November 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm |
    • Chechula

I agree with you, too. I always thought that Rowlings married him to Ginny a bit forcefully, beacuse she couldn't face that he is absolutely gay.

November 9, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  15. MissJack

Just wanted to clarify...it's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...not Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

November 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
    • Mwah

It depends where you are at. Plus, it was originally released as Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. It was released for Americans as Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.

November 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • Neil

Both are correct. The UK book was the "Philosopher's Stone", American book was "Sorcerer's Stone".

November 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
    • Potternerd

In the U.K., the book was released as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

November 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm |
    • Chris

That called it the sorcerer's stone in the U.S. because they did not think people would know what a philosopher's stone was. A Philosopher's Stone is used in alchemy to change metal into gold or for extending life.

November 8, 2011 at 5:35 am |
      • Mary

Thank you. That was very helpful. As a girl born and raised in the US, I can definitely confirm that I (probably like many other Americans) had no idea what a philosopher's stone is. It all makes sense now.

December 8, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
  16. Orin

Ron is one of my favorite characters. However, I don't like the fact that JK had him do everything that Harry did. He should have had his own interest. I always thought it would have been cool if Ron developed a love for magical animals and worked more with Hagrid. That would have given Ron his own area of expertise, and given a break from Ron and Harry always doing exactly the same thing. But, I didn't write the book. I will always be a Harry Potter Fan!

November 7, 2011 at 11:27 am |
    • Mwah

You're absolutely correct. He is, for most of the series, not even his own character. He is simply Harry's shadow and Hermione's balance beam. True-er words were never spoken.

November 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
  17. red

I feel like his original use was a friend to introduce Harry to the wizarding world. Ex. Ron is the person who introduces quidditch to Harry. Out of the trio he is the only person who has a magic background.

November 7, 2011 at 9:55 am |
  18. Melissa

I always found Ron boring and I frankly could have cared less if he was involved. My favorite were always Harry and Hermione, probably because I'd love to be Harry and I can relate to Hermione.

November 7, 2011 at 9:46 am |
    • Jessie

I just hate ron. I have never met a more useless character in my life then Ron Weasley , boring stupid and poorer then a church mouse

November 9, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
    • Karen

I agree, I too dislike Ron's character. He contributes very little to the story beside his crying and complaining, and "tagalong sidekick" role.

November 9, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • LunaLonney

Ron not 'left once.' But TWICE. What a looser...

Luna is much better

November 9, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
      • ana

THIS!

November 9, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
      • paula

Probably without Ron, Harry would have and up in Slytherin or killed by Voldemort in the first year since neather him or Hermione knew how to play chess. Usually so called HP fans tent to hate Ron because they are too lazy to read the books or are too inmature.

January 1, 2013 at 8:57 pm |
  19. pappy

loyalty aside, ron is real " one of us " kinda person. which makes me feel proud about myself because he managed to persist among SPECIAL people like harry and hermoine(which i find hard to belive) because everything that happened to harry is because it is forced upon him, he had no choice but to fight and win. harry's destiny is chosen for him, he had no choice. but ron, the 'very simple ordinary guy' ron choose to help his friend even though he is not that powerful or a master in all kind of complicated spell. harry had the power and hermoine had the brain to save their lives but ron went into the battle because he wanted to help his best friend. i would not have minded ron's death in the final book only if it is EPIC. and also i would not have minded ron's death mid series if it could serve as a revenge fodder for harry to destroy voldemort. of all the thing, the most that i admired about the whole series is the friendship between the trio(because it persisted through the up and downs of life, literally). the movies destroyed the dynamic of the trio except for the 1st movie. first 3 movies are the good ones, after that i watched the movies out of curiosity.

November 7, 2011 at 4:50 am |
  20. ching

im inlove with the character of ron he is absolutly amazing........ love his character........ specially in half blood and deathly hallows am glad JK didnt kill him.... or else i wont be reading her books...

November 7, 2011 at 2:53 am |
  21. ching

for me...... harry wont be harry without ron

November 7, 2011 at 2:49 am |
  22. JonnyDepth

The coolest HP character was Sirius Black... and they killed him off.. JK ROwling Fail!!

November 7, 2011 at 12:10 am |
    • Kurata

THIS!

November 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
  23. Valkyrie

Ron is Harry's best friend regardless of anything. Hopefully everyone has had a long lasting bestie for some time in their life. My BFF & I have been besties since 1972 and we have seen every HP movie together along with her daughter & my 4 children & husband. Yes, like Harry & Ron, there have been some fallouts but in the long run we still hook up. We got to meet J.K. in 2006 when she visited New Orleans after Katrina. My only thought about Harry is Ginny, I think he deserved better but true love conquers all.

November 6, 2011 at 9:31 pm |
    • Daneil McBride

If you have had a best friend since 1972, you should probably stop using terms like BFF and bestie... seriously.

November 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm |
  24. Chris

Ron was annoying and lame the entire series... I kind of wish he had been killed. He brought the least to the table, wasn't good at many things, and coveted Harry's fame and fortune. He even bailed on the trio when they were in the woods...I don't care if he came back, he still left which is a 13itch move. Terrible character, never understood why people pulled for him.

November 6, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
    • tatiana

Obviously, you didn't read the books or just based your opinions on the movies that were not faithful to the books. Ron is the heart and rock of the trio. Ron represents everything that Harry wanted, a loving family and people to rely on. For Hermione, Ron provided a balance from her intense and book-ridden world. Ron is the character with the most flaws that most of us can relate to such as insecurity, his inability to see his love for a girl. Nevertheless, Ron was loyal to the very end. Let's not forget that Ron had a choice that Harry never had. Ron did not have to leave his family and follow Harry on a quest with the possibility that he could have died. Sure he left for a moment during this quest, but the Locket (a horcrux) showed Ron's deepest fear- Hermione choosing Harry over him. This showed Ron's deep love for Hermione. I suggest that you re-read the books with an open-mind. You may be surprised to find that you are more like Ron than you might think you are.

November 7, 2011 at 1:26 am |
      • Melissa

I HAVE read the books, seen the movies, AND played the games. Whether you like it or not, he's right. Ron was pretty worthless.

November 7, 2011 at 9:57 am |
  25. CrazyMom

If Ron had been killed off, I probably wouldn't have fnished reading the series. It was hard enough to lose Cedric Diggory, even though he was only in one book and later became a vampire.

November 6, 2011 at 6:28 pm |
  26. Shalini

I completely agree with Abbie R – 'His foibles and faults make him look like most ordinary people who end up doing extraordinary things. Therein lies the value of the character.' True. Ron is my favorite character in the series. And while I agree with most of the points in the comments and the article itself, I think what I like most about him, is that he's real. That he can be pragmatic in the most critical situations and that he shows courage and determination even on a broken leg, is what makes him, as Abbie so aptly phrased it, extraordinary.

November 6, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  27. gtb

Ron destroyed one horcrux, not two. I've always thought it interesting that no one destroyed more than one. Ron also, I believe, won more quidditch cups than Harry.

November 6, 2011 at 9:41 am |
    • Carlos

from that junket: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Press Junket And of coruse I had to do a Harry Potter themed holiday card that year. The next day was the New York City premiere at Lincoln Center. I was kind of excited. I've

August 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
  28. Abro

Just a question: How did Ron destroy 2 horcruxes? I remember it as I list here. I'm hoping I didn't misunderstand something!
    1. Diary–Harry
    2. Ring–Dumbledore
    3. Locket–Ron
    4. Diadem–Crabbe
    5. Cup–Hermione
    6. Snake–Neville
    7. Harry–Volemorte

November 6, 2011 at 9:30 am |
    • Abro

I meant to add that I agree that Ron got dissed in the movies as a slacker type when I didn't see him that way at all in the books. The example that stuck out the most to me was when neither Harry nor Hermione knew what a "mudblood" was, and Ron was explaining it (while throwing up slugs). In the book he was more fierce and knowledgeable about it. In the movie, he was weak and Hermione already knew the answers and was the one doing the explaining. Ron was relegated to the comic sidekick yet again!

November 6, 2011 at 9:38 am |
      • Alex Winter

You are totally right, the movies disrespect Ron.

November 6, 2011 at 10:44 am |
    • gtb

I think folks might be giving Ron credit because he had the idea of getting the fangs and opened the chamber with p.tongue. He was nice enough to give Hermione a shot at one.

November 6, 2011 at 9:43 am |
      • Abro

I thought that might be the thinking, but then surely Griphook should also get some credit? Without him, they never get the cup to begin with. Ha! I love Potter-lore!

November 6, 2011 at 9:49 am |
      • asgardshill

Voldemort should have gotten at least partial credit for ALL the Horcruxes. After all, they wouldn't have gone looking for them if not for him.

November 6, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
      • Will S

...in that case you might as well credit Horace Slughorn, who told V about Horcruxes in the first place. No Slughorn, no Harry Potter.

November 7, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • HP Fan

In the book it was actually Ron, that stabbed it with the cup. The movie directors changed it to Hermione

November 8, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
    • LunaLonney

LOL
      I think Ron's a character who's had the least amount of development, he's forever stuck at twelve year old mentality. Which is weird, because JK's based him off one of her good friends. But seriously, Ron. Please get some sense. Common sense. Street sense. Really, any kind of sense would do.

November 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  29. Noir

Being a part of many mainstream Harry Potter communities as well as an avid fanfiction writer, I get to see these viewpoints head on. However, unlike the author of this article, I don't agree that Ron is a lesser character at all. In fact, I think he has one of the most well developed personalities and is the most 'real' of the three, which is funny because when I say real I mean muggle-ish which he is completely clueless about. Anywho, Ron's character is one that shows emotion that the other two withhold from the readers and audience, and show the most realistic reactions to events.
    For example, in Chamber of Secrets, how many of you thought Ron would be scared of a little spider when the threat of a giant snake is lurking in the background? It is a simple fear that many have, but heroes never show these fears in movies, yet his actions were clearly Gryffindor-like and heroic.
    In conclusion, Ron in my opinion is the most developed of the three, when in actuality you would think it would be Harry or Hermione seeing as they are either a savior or a know-it-all. "Fame isn't everything" and being an "insufferable know-it-all" isn't either.

November 6, 2011 at 8:28 am |
    • Umika P

The article argues that Ron is the most real and developed of the trio. So I don't know where in the post and how you inferred that I thought less of his character. *confused face*

November 7, 2011 at 10:31 am |
      • Destrey

You\'ve relaly captured all the essentials in this subject area, haven\'t you?

December 27, 2011 at 1:13 am |
      • ajrewrnsltx

5gKjIT jfbgykuctkrz

December 29, 2011 at 4:45 am |
  30. K

Ron represents loyalty. I fully agree to that. Having the choice no to than having no choice is harder. He had the choice (the whole Weasley family had the choice) not to be loyal to Harry but he remained. You cannot talk about loyalty with Hermione because she had her own battle. She's a mudblood. She protected her parents because whether or not she joins the battle she'll be tracked.

Ron symbolizes hope in the trio. "In every darkness there is light." That's Ron. That's why he's the comic relief. He's the only one in the trio who brings fun, life, and lightness to dark times. When you kill a character that brings all that then there is no reason for Harry to win the battle at all. Hermione for Harry is the one who brings him to reason. Ron for Harry is the REASON to do the battle because he is everything that Harry fights for – family, hope, love.

November 6, 2011 at 3:48 am |
  31. Missy

ummmmm this article is too long and makes no sense because no one said anything about ron being bad. but the one thing i will say is wrong about what you wrote is '“Midway through the series … I did seriously consider killing Ron” she said.
    Harry would have been positively depressed.

because she didnt mean that she would kill him IN mid series. she meant in mid series she was obviously thinking about how the end was becoming and how it was going to work because obviously she knew because from the begging in number 2, there was a horcrux. she meant she thought about killing him in the end . and hermione OBVIOUSLY wouldnt have ended up with him because JK Rowling has said in the past she thought about putting her with fred or george but then she decided to put hermione with ron and kill fred..

November 6, 2011 at 1:32 am |
    • Umika P

This point was already made in the first comment on this post and was acknowledged. See below.

November 7, 2011 at 10:32 am |
  32. Waffle Follower

Hairy Pooper is more like it. I think the Harry Potter books/movies might qualify as the most overrated thing in the history of time. Well, maybe the fairy tale of jesus would be more overrated.

November 6, 2011 at 12:15 am |
    • AbbieR

At least the Potter series is clearly promoted as fiction. And the details are way more consistent throughout this story than in the many versions of the "The Bible."

November 6, 2011 at 3:30 am |
    • Mischief Managed

Waffle Flower.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Mow Ron !

November 6, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
      • Chrizel

Hi Catherine,Thanks for posting the puitcre of Kishori and Vinceya reading Harry Potter. i really miss seeing all of you and i remember the good times we used to have in choir. I hope you are having a wonderful year in schoolLots of love,Miss peggy

April 9, 2012 at 6:23 pm |
  33. A Doctor

What I find funny is that, in the end, Ron's great trait is supposed to be "loyalty"? Yet, in the end, who is the one who walks out on Harry in Hallows? Which of Harry's two closest friends doesn't believe that Harry didn't enter himself into the Triwizard Cup tourney? Who is the one who turns to "revenge dating" to get back at Hermione for her romantic past? Colour me underwhelmed by the "loyalty" argument. Let's face it, Rowling really dropped the ball on Ron: she gave Harry and Hermione a lot of dynamic development, and she gave Snape & Dumbledore great "reveal" backstories, but Ron just sort of sat there.

November 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
    • Umika P

True, but all of those points are examples of Ron's insecurity, which I talked about in the article. It is his flaw and something he falls prey to very often. Again, it was borne out of being overshadowed his entire life. Ron's not perfect, never was, and that's what makes him "one of us." A regular person we can relate to. Despite some of his childish reactions, Ron did eventually return to Harry and Hermione, destroyed two of the Horcruxes and fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. He could have totally abandoned them and never return out of spite, but he didn't. That's loyalty. Ron did get mad at Harry for becoming the fourth Triwizard champion, but he did make amends and apologize and was by his side for the rest of the tournament. That's loyalty. And come on what 14-15 year old boy won't get a little jealous or hurt if the girl he really cares about goes to the Yule Ball with none other than his Quidditch hero i.e. Viktor Krum? I'm not defending his overreaction but I think Ron dating Lavender allowed him to explore his options and maybe solidify his feelings for Hermione, and vice versa. Besides after after Harry got his kiss with Cho Chang and the possibility that Hermione snogged Krum, I think Rowling wanted Ron to get a bit of romance too. :)

November 6, 2011 at 12:14 am |
      • Chase

Ron only destroyed 1 horcrux

November 7, 2011 at 5:21 am |
      • Prince

OH MY GOD, Kristian seriously I nerlay fell out of my seat when I saw your shirt. That is epic! I so want one like that. Dude, I drove my family nuts with Big Trouble in Little China when I was 6. I would watch that everyday, sometimes twice a day! You have to tell me where they sell them, please! That is one of my all time favorite films!

April 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • AbbieR

Well, one could argue that the Ronald Weasley character is the realistic one in the series – he fights, get jealous, makes up, gets sullen again, and generally behaves as many friends and family members do. Look in your own mirror and try to tell yourself that you have never behaved that way to any of your friends or family. His foibles and faults make him look like most ordinary people who end up doing extraordinary things. Therein lies the value of the character.

November 6, 2011 at 3:39 am |
    • Katie

I give Ron a pass on leaving. He was under the influence of the One Ring–I mean the locket–at the time and was clearly not thinking straight. And he does say that as soon as he'd left he tried to get back but couldn't find Harry and Hermione.

November 7, 2011 at 9:59 am |
    • Chechula

may be bacuse Ron is a teenager? And, despite of magic, does teenagres stuff, meanwhile Harry or Hermione seem to have no background, no conflicts. They are both the worst developed characters of the saga, definitely.

November 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
    • LunaLonney

PREACH!

November 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm |
    • Karina

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only one in the world who finds Ron annoying and well, useless.

November 9, 2011 at 7:42 pm |
  34. Denese

Ron knew the wizarding world better than Harry and Hermoine who had muggle backgrounds.

November 5, 2011 at 9:18 pm |
  35. pranati

withour ron i dont think i wud have read harry potter at all. ron is the only reason i liked reading these books....... i think it is time that everyone shud realize ron and rupert's worth, even rowling. killing ron wud have been the meanest thing on this planet itself.....

November 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  36. asgardshill

Potter Stinks!

(And Ron rules)

November 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • Chechula

Yesssssssssssssss

November 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  37. Weasley can be my king ;)

Easily my favorite character in the books! Not saying Harry and Hermione aren't, but there's just something about Ron...And when he finally got together with Hermione,it was like high school when the couple that belong together finally get together lol. I'm glad he wasn't killed off. He may not be as brilliant as Hermione or as strong willed as Harry, but Harry and Hermione both needed him. They both needed their best friend and he DID contribute.He kept them going after he came back in the Deathly Hallows.

November 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
  38. Marge

As much as I loved the books and enjoyed the movies, I hope that in several years or even less, a lenghty mini series is made for television. I remember years ago when Dune was in the theaters, it almost didn't make sense. Years later, a mini series was made and though it didn't have the visuals of the movie, I was very pleased with the treatment the teleplay gave the book compared to the movie.

Ron was funny, as were brothers George and Fred, and I laughed out loud many times as I read the books. All three of these characters got short shift in the movies as did many of the other characters and sub story threads that enriched the main story.

Maybe Ms Rowling will over see a much expanded version of her books brought to the small screen some day for a new generation of readers and to delight her original readers, also. Actually, I can envision a weekly series that could last at least a season or two as long as the books chapters are filmed faithfully.

November 5, 2011 at 12:25 pm |
    • gremlinus

Dune didn't make sense because it was a David Lynch film, not because they made it into a movie.

November 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  39. Bethany

Ah, Ron! There is definitely something about him. He's a little doofy, but very lovable. I've seen him played in the movie and on stage (A very Potter musical, check it out if you're not offended by a little ribbing at the story), and I loved him in both. But it's really the underlying character from the book that I fell in love with. That's what I love about Rowling's characters. With other books turned movies, I feel as if I replace the characters with the actor's faces, but I still have my images of Harry, Ron and Hermione safe in my mind. Ron is truly a people's person. He's maybe the most realistic due to his imperfections and he seems to realize sacrifice long before Hermione. He's always willing to do what's best, not only for Harry, but for the entire Wizarding world. I just love him, and would have been heartbroken had he died. But I wouldn't have blamed Rowling at the same time, I think she could have created a wonderful story with or without Ron.

November 5, 2011 at 4:29 am |
  40. REALLY CHILDREN MUST WE HAVE INDIFERENCES

COMMENTS AND OPINIONS CAN BE DIGESTED IN A HEALTHY WAY. WE ALL WANT ENDINGS THAT SUIT OUR NEEDS SO IF SOMEONES ENDING IS SLIGHTLY DIFFENT TO OUR OWN "HATS OFF TO YOU"

November 5, 2011 at 12:23 am |
  41. xairesephos

Really? Waste of an article.

November 4, 2011 at 11:17 pm |
    • Marie

noone is forcing you to read it

November 5, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
      • Mudasir

I am so, so, so happy that your sabbatical was a short one. I heart your words – and your gipahrc! About 1 million shades full of awesome! The different sizes – the way the shapes go together – I get it – I really get it. I'm smiling, and I'm glad I get a chance to comment on your stuff again. God bless you and each and every one of yours Jackie.

April 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
    • Corvus1

Avada Kedavra.

November 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
    • Mischief Managed

*** Waste of a comment ***

xairesephos

Really? Waste of an article.

November 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • Karina

LMAO

November 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
      • Cynaid

I think my favorite McGonagall/Harry scene is when he rutnres to Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows. ALL THE TEARS. YES. And then she's so heartbroken when it seems like Harry's dead. :'( I love you, Neville. <3 You are the best. This is why you're a true Gryffindor: you're brave enough not just to stand up to your enemies, but to your friends too. That takes a special kind of courage, and not everyone is capable of it, but you did it. Dumbledore is right to commend him at the feast in the next chapter, because that is a commendable act, even if it was technically the wrong time to do it. Ron's line to him about "Yes, but not to us" stands out to me on reread because I think it's important that Neville be able to stand up to his friends. It's this show of such courage right now that makes Neville's growth into the total badass we see in DH completely believable for me. Hell, earlier than that, even up until the slaying of Nagini, my favorite Neville moment was far and way that scene in the Department of Mysteries: "He's not alone! He's still got me!" Oh, he was so amazing in that book. <3 This is why he's one of my favorite characters. The path to get the Stone is brilliant, it's one of my favorite "endgame" sequences in the series because it's fun, exciting, and tailored to each character's unique strengths. And you just know Hermione's not gonna hear the end of it with "There's no wood!" I wish they hadn't left that out of the movie, it was so funny and made Hermione even more relatable to me, because I have those silly brain fart moments too. Who doesn't? I also love the mental image of the room filled with keys, and the way all three work together to get the right one. Sure, they needed Harry as Seeker to spot it, but he also needed them to help him corner it. Trying with him alone would've been endless frustration, methinks, and taken a lot longer. I'm having odd flashbacks to sequences in video games where I had to chase something around and catch it and it would've been so much less aggravating with others to help. I'm picturing a solo chase of the key as working out to be just as annoying. And oh, Hagrid. I always felt so bad for him when he found out it was Quirrell that sold him the egg. First he has to give up Norberta, and then it turns out that he was being manipulated for info on Fluffy anyway. Poor Hagrid.

March 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  42. Lisa G

Killing Ron would have been like killing Sam in Lord of the Rings. The true-blue, loyal to the end friend simply cannot die. While I love Harry and Frodo, Sam and Ron are where my heart is really at.

November 4, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
    • Sauron was Framed

Frodo was weak. A 1%er that literally had to be carried up Mt. Doom on the back of his "servant". He should have jumped in with Gollum.

November 5, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
      • Mischief Managed

TROLL WARNING !

November 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
      • al

yeah, overall I was extremely pleased with the way the LOTR series was adapted for the big screen (not so much with the Potter movies), but Frodo's character in the movies just seemed so much weaker and ill-suited to be the ring-bearer than the way I read him in the books

November 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm |
    • gremlinus

Frodo bore the weight of the Ring from Hobbiton to Mt. Doom. Nothing to sneeze at.

November 5, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
    • jj

November 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm |
  43. Drew

Since I am on a roll......

Have you ever noticed that everyone that matters was an outcast? Hagrid, the Weasleys, Hermione, Harry, Luna, Nevil....they are shared common traits. Luna was different and tipsy, but she had a way of speaking the truth so plainly that you not only understood but could not get mad at her.
    Nevil seemed to get much ribbing as well. But fellow outcast Harry always stood up for him. Nevil lost his parents in the same fashion as Harry's. They shared that bond. In the end it was Nevil's belief in Harry and himself to fight with the sword.
    Hagrid suffered most of his life being accused of killing another student with his spider. The children accepted him for who he was and loved him deeply.
    The Weasly's especially were outcasts. But with the group that they had, they were validated as worthy people.

November 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
    • Umika P

Now that you mention it, yes I can definitely see that! The "outcasts" did band together and in the end were responsible for saving the wizarding world during the Battle of Hogwarts. This group was the same one that Fudge and The Daily Prophet dismissed in "Order of the Phoenix" as loony for saying that Voldemort was back.

November 4, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
      • Drew

To further your point, all you have are outcasts who did anything to save the wizarding world! Everyone else played the status quo game. They put their heads down and went with the flow.

It shows that heroes come from anywhere. All you need is love, compassion, honor, sacrafice, and a sense of duty! Those qualities don't differentiate between poor, rich, name, color, religion, background. All about heart.

November 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm |
  44. Drew

Okay, I am not one to get on a blog and think about deeper meanings of fictional people but what the hell, here it goes.

What Ron meant was deeper than everyone takes it for. When you go to the beginning, he was a happless child in second hand clothing. He had been portrayed as a slacker and his family name meant nothing to anyone else. He just happens to have Harry arrive to his room on the train. Harry trying to get his bearings and understand everything going, has no problems with Ron what-so-ever. In fact, at this point other than his cousin, Harry had no social contact with anyone.
    Ron was obvisouly stunned to learn who Harry was, but treated him no different. This is what drew the 2 together. Harry was an outcast in his home, Ron was an outcast in the magical world. Ron became the family that Harry had always wanted. Ron finally got the approval and appreciation HE had always wanted. Ron could make Harry relax, would give him comfort, and most of all always stood by his side. On the Flip side, Harry gave Ron the recognition that he deserved. Ron finally had someone step up for him and his family.
    Hermione if you remember was all business at first. She knew going in the troubles that she would face being a muggle. She was so hell bent to prove everyone wrong that she truly belonged there. Ron and Harry grounded her, while in turn not only learned from her but when the 3 were united they each complimeted each other.

In my opinion, they proved that no one has to stand alone. There are always trying times, there are always dangers, and at any time you can lose everything. But when together anything was possible. Just like real life, the more people you are surrounded with the happier you are and the better to deal with life's hardships.

Each author in a series struggles with the characters and how they learn and grow. You go through personal struggles and that sometimes plays into what you create and write. The first few books were almost light and whymsical, and then they turned darker. We can all sit and here and debate what woulda coulda, but the fact is the series was better for having the 3. JK obviously knew better than us on what we needed. The creative talent she had to start the series is evidence enough. Be happy for what we received as a gift from her. Cherish the books and and pass the job of reading them on to your children later on.

November 4, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
  45. Marie Helguera

That's why I love so much that character, because is part of the middle, like everyone, proving to be a part of the middle is not a failure.

November 4, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
    • Marie Helguera

sorry, I don't know how to say it in english, but the word in spanish is: Medianía (middle), umh please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

November 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm |
      • nqirar

'mediocre'

November 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
    • Drew

I understand what you are saying. In many cultures and many homes, the middle child is observed as the child left behind. Not the oldest favorite, not the youngest baby. They appear to no mater much. In this case and really can be tru in any case, he was no different than anyone else. We do not choose our birthdate, we only choose how we live from that date forward.

November 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm |
      • Marie Helguera

Sorry, when I write "Middle" I want to say "Average" or "Common" ... but I'm not still sure this is the correct word LOL, sorry:(

November 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Zaiya

Deadly accurate answer. You\'ve hit the bullsyee!

December 27, 2011 at 1:39 am |
  46. Marie

Congrats! Your Blog Article was even tweeted from a big Harry Potter Site. I love the Article you wrote. Ron is like Rupert always considered as a Sidekick or not really a nice Boyfriend/Husband for Hermione because he is hurting her always. Nothings of it is true. Ron is also a Hero, he saved Harry, he saved Hermione, he is a great Chess Player (what helped a lot, look Book 1) and so on and Rupert a great Actor, what People will see in the Future AND it's not that Ron isn't being hurt by Yule Ball, by Hermione going with Cormac to the Christmas Event. He had feelings for Hermione at this Time already, coming to Book 6, so it hurted him and that was what Hermione wanted. Ron is a true Hero with Mistakes. But who is perfect? Even Harry and Hermione maked Mistakes.

November 4, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
    • Umika P

Thank you! Yes I saw that! SnitchSeeker.com were really nice to tweet the story :)

November 4, 2011 at 6:34 pm |
      • Beydie

i love the girl emma watson soo much that harry ptteor wanrs to take her away from me please harry ptteor she is mine and i will like to do any thing just to have her as a girl friend or my real friend she looks happy and always i will like her as a friend so we can learn and advice each other

August 5, 2012 at 3:47 am |
  47. Marika

this article is great. thank you so much!

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to continue reading the HP series if JK killed Ron, I love him that much. and it pains me that the author wanted to do that. I don't want to think that Ron is her least favorite character of the trio.

BTW, Ron really suffered a lot because of movie makers, which is absolutely unfair as well

November 4, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
    • Umika P

You are most welcome! I definitely feel the same. Ultimately it would have taken a lot for Rowling to do that, especially because Ron is somewhat based on her friend, Sean. To be fair, she did say that she only considered it when she was in a very dark place in her life.

November 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
      • Siti

Oh God please not Barry Manilow's Copacabana. I'll have to hunt you down! I'm keienpg my fingers crossed on him snagging Emma Watson. That wand would make my life a lot easier.

May 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
    • Mischief Managed

Repeat after me.
      Its only a story.......its only a story.......

November 6, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
  48. jess

the books would not have been the same without ron. they would have been even more depressing. as it says in the books, harry loves hermione very much, but she's not the same as ron.

November 4, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • Angelo

That's so funny! Love it! Love the Queen and Prince Phillip upsdie down and 'Kate' waving from inside the glass.

February 1, 2012 at 2:03 am |
      • Ashley

Glad you are back, I have been checking in and hkinting about you. Just yesterday I was planning on sending you an email and yay, here you are. Hope you are well and hope you didn't suffer from heat stroke running in that high heat!!! XO!

April 8, 2012 at 6:04 am |
      • Manoj

No. There are a lot of sites where you can read, for free, books that are in the public dmoain, but you won't find any Harry Potter books there. J K Rowling holds the copyright and is still making money on them!Why don't you go to your local library; if it isn't there, you can order it for free. Failing that, many of the big bookshops are selling the older Harry Potter books at reduced rates now that the excitement has worn off and everyone has their copy!Good luck, and I hope you find it.References :

April 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  49. Katyna

Ron represents everything that Harry never had. A loving, caring family. A place to belong. Craziness and chaos and outlandishness. He never got that at the Dursley's house. Ron would never be a Gryffindor if he wasn't brave and loyal – just like Neville. Never question the hat for one thing. It puts people where they are supposed to be. Harry picked Ron and Ron picked Harry because they are the missing part of the other person. And Harry married Ginny for the obvious reason that once he put a ring on her finger, he became a son, a brother, an uncle – all those things that he never had and Ron became his true brother for once and finally.

November 4, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
    • Umika P

Well said!

November 4, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
    • asgardshill

Wish I had written that. Well done!

November 5, 2011 at 2:14 pm |
      • Satya

the blog/review was poor becaus the ctnneot in your blog was poor. It is misleading and it is clear that you missed the point and importance of every scene in the film. I feel that you haven't expressed the view of the standard viewer. You have expressed the view of someone who hasn't followed the story and has missed the point and importance. The film is based on the book. If it didn't then what would be the point of the film ? The film has to follow the book but maybe not to every point, as it couldnt all fit. All real Harry Potter fans will find something that wasn't in that hey enjoyed. You cannot please every one. I know I seem to repeat myself here, however every argument you have against this film stems back to the fact you clearly didnt grasp the concept and importance of the film. Also in relation to the Harry & Hermione scene. Which had very partial nudity, and you could find as much on an average day at the beach. The way it was filmed was vital to the scene and couldn't of been done any other way to underline it's significance. Hope your next blog is up to your usual high standard.

August 2, 2012 at 10:08 am |
  50. hiya

Is this really worthy of national news....?

November 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • Anon

It is if you took the time to read it and comment on it :o)

November 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
    • Guest

This is only the most Important news ever
      Al quaida was planning to infiltrate the ministry of magic in order to subject the Irish to a gay 9/11,but ol ron stopped em dead
      (please dont ask me to explain what gay 9/11 is,its too horrible to think about)

November 4, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
    • Grog Says

I realy realy realy
      hate people who make comments like this.
      If you dont like it, or think its important....

DONT WASTE OUR TIME WITH YOUR COMMENT !!!!!!

SHUT THE FREAK UP !!!!

November 4, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
    • Will S

...is this a news article? I thought it was an op-ed opinion piece...

November 7, 2011 at 11:28 am |
  51. r

Hermione is the one for me! She's the real soul of the whole story.

November 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  52. bob

There is no Harry Potter Story called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone" it's the Sorcerer's stone.

November 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
    • Anne

In the U.K., the book was released as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

November 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
    • Pickles

Get over yourself. You know what was meant!

November 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • Craig

Bob – The Original book released in the UK was Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, which was changed for the US book release and the movie.

November 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • Mickey

Actually it was published as the Philosopher's Stone everywhere in the world except the US. I guess American children don't know what a Philosopher is???? For some strange reason Americans always seem to need stuff switched to be Americanized "Little Princess" "Shopoholic" "I don't know how she does it" all spring to mind.....

November 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
      • MrsFizzy

Ah, I see what you're doin' there but it's not like it was a public outcry or something. Some stuffed shirt somewhere decided "Sorcerer" would make more sense to kids. There are as many people in America who would know what the Philosopher's Stone is as anywhere else ...bob being an exception!

November 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
      • Mickey

Sort of my point....why only in America was it necessary???

November 4, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
      • A Doctor

The publisher's felt that Americans would recognize the word "philosopher."

November 5, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
  53. tappedin

The amount of energy people are expending chewing over a plot point–and one Rowling ultimately rejected, at that–is truly astounding.

November 4, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
    • Umika P

It is but just the thought of such a major character being killed off could mean a completely different ending to the series, which is hard to swallow for some. Plus it becomes all the more fun to theorize, discuss and debate!

November 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
    • Susan

It's a testament to the impact of the books, excellence of JK Rowling's writing, and how we, as humans, value good, loyal friends.

November 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm |
  54. Ava

I've always thought Ron got a bad rap. He was, in my eyes, more of a hero than Harry was. Harry was a marked man in that war. He had no choice other than fight or die. Ron, was a pureblood. He would have been safe under either regime. He chose to fight, and was quite brave. In the 6th book, when they are at Hogwarts after Snape killed Dumbledore, there is a throw away line about how Ron was dueling two death eaters at once or something of the sort. I think that was very telling. It was never Ron's story, never Ron's fight, but he stood up for what is right! He was all of the things Harry was, he just didn't get any credit because he wasn't the Chosen One! :)

November 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
    • Umika P

I think the whole Weasley family was like that. They rallied around Harry and fought for what was right. It's that quality that set them apart from other wizarding families, and of course made them a target for mockery by the Malfoys.

November 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
    • Chechula

Y agree with you.

November 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm |
  55. Marcheline

She said when she was mid-series she considered killing off Ron, not that she considered having Ron's character die in the middle of the series. I think what she meant was that she considered having Ron be one of the casualties of the big final war at the end.... obviously the storyline would not have worked (and would have made no sense) if Ron just kicked it smack in the middle of the story.

November 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
    • Umika P

You are right! That definitely makes more sense. Thanks for pointing it out. Either way I can't imagine the epilogue would have been as, er, upbeat.

November 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm |
    • MashaSobaka

The first article I read on this story was that she considered killing him in the final battle or not long before it, and those thoughts started when she was midway through writing the series. She was depressed then and the gloom made her consider killing him "out of sheer spite". All the subsequent articles have taken the quotes out of context and said she planned to kill him in one of the mid-series books. Anyway...just thought I'd share.

November 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm |